Fx200 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2005, 12:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Fx200

Anyone know if Fostex are going to replace this wonderful driver or not -the only medium-high Q 8" driver they made? I know the FE207E and F200a are there, but their overal Qs are still a fair bit lower the the FX200, and besides; the first's not in the same legue quality wise (not that I'm saying it's bad) and the F200a requires a Lowther-sized pocket. Why on earth did they discontinue it? It didn't exactly lack popularity from all I've heard.

Cheers
Scott
Old 28th October 2005, 07:10 PM   #2
jeremym is offline jeremym  Canada
diyAudio Member

No idea if they are planning to replace it or not. I wonder if they sold very many of them, I rarely heard of anyone building enclosures for them. I had a pair, and I was never really pleased with the sound of them-too reedy sounding in the mid range-so I sold them and picked up a pair of FE206's. The FX200s did have really nice smooth, extended highs though-remarkable for such a big FR driver.
Old 3rd November 2005, 05:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

HI,

if have no idea why they dont buid the FX200 anymore. I've got a pair and wouldn't sell it. Right now I've got the FX200 in a BL-horn. You can find a picture here: Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Before I had it in a closed box with a bit more than 25-26 liters.

If you get a pair buy it.

greets Till
Old 3rd November 2005, 08:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm deeply envious. Not just because you have these wonderful drivers (I hear mutterings that they were like an F200a for half the price) but of your cabinetry skills.

If you'll excuse me, as I now feel totally inadequate, I'm off to have a cry in the corner!

Regards
Scott
Old 3rd November 2005, 08:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I had the luck to realise the projekt together with my friend and partner Raffi.

actually I only designed the plans for the horns and the rest made a cabinetmaker (who doesen't speak a word with me anymore) with a lot of patience.

If I build a horn it looks like the followin picture. They ain't very housewifecompabile

P.S. only one fullrangedriver played. On the picture you can see some of my fullrange drivers: the Fostex FP253 (sealed 45 liters), Fostex FX200 (sealed 25 liters), Fostex Fe127 (sealed 0,9 liters), Coral 4A70 (sealed 1.0 liters)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp38ahorn2.jpg (91.9 KB, 780 views)
Old 3rd November 2005, 08:37 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Scottmoose,

A couple months ago (when I had money) I was searching for the fx200s all over the internet for a store that would have 1 pair left in the corner or something. The drivers just seamed so perfect. I really hope they replace it with something. I've heard a couple bad things about the construction of the driver but all I had heard was great things about its sound quality.

Josh
Old 3rd November 2005, 08:46 PM   #7
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Fx200

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottmoose
Why on earth did they discontinue it? It didn't exactly lack popularity from all I've heard.
Greets!

Depends on who you ask. It was a relatively cheap knock-off of JBL's LE8 series and once the 'cognoscenti' gave it a collective 'thumbs down' (or so I was told by someone in their core market, which of course means it could be pure BS)............. Since the FX120 is a cheap LE5, they intimated it will go away also. Pity, a lot of bang/buck in these. I can't help but wonder if JBL took umbrage at Fostex's 'cheekiness'.

The F120A, F200A OTOH appear to be ~clones, with commensurate pricetags.

GM
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:20 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Makes sense. And I believe the LE8 is no more either... typical. Oh well, perhaps one day I'll be able to afford a couple of those F200as. After I've completed a BIB with the FE168ESigma, and perhaps those new Bipolar Bipoles (I love a to the point name!) of Dave's. And...

Cheers
Scott
Old 30th August 2006, 01:46 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Artmaster Send a message via MSN to Artmaster
Default about sub

Quote:
Originally posted by Roemhild
I had the luck to realise the projekt together with my friend and partner Raffi.
actually I only designed the plans for the horns and the rest made a cabinetmaker (who doesen't speak a word with me anymore) with a lot of patience.
If I build a horn it looks like the followin picture. They ain't very housewifecompabile
I'm realy like this sub. I think it's nice for full range satelites work together. Bravo, Roemhild!
could you show plan of this?
Old 31st August 2006, 08:39 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Re: about sub

Quote:
Originally posted by Yury

I'm realy like this sub. I think it's nice for full range satelites work together. Bravo, Roemhild!
could you show plan of this?

Hi Yury,

I will post the plan as soon as I got it ready.

regards Till

Hide this!Advertise here!