Fx200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know if Fostex are going to replace this wonderful driver or not -the only medium-high Q 8" driver they made? I know the FE207E and F200a are there, but their overal Qs are still a fair bit lower the the FX200, and besides; the first's not in the same legue quality wise (not that I'm saying it's bad) and the F200a requires a Lowther-sized pocket. Why on earth did they discontinue it? It didn't exactly lack popularity from all I've heard.

Cheers
Scott

No idea if they are planning to replace it or not. I wonder if they sold very many of them, I rarely heard of anyone building enclosures for them. I had a pair, and I was never really pleased with the sound of them-too reedy sounding in the mid range-so I sold them and picked up a pair of FE206's. The FX200s did have really nice smooth, extended highs though-remarkable for such a big FR driver.

I had the luck to realise the projekt together with my friend and partner Raffi.

actually I only designed the plans for the horns and the rest made a cabinetmaker (who doesen't speak a word with me anymore) with a lot of patience.

If I build a horn it looks like the followin picture. They ain't very housewifecompabile :xeye:

P.S. only one fullrangedriver played. On the picture you can see some of my fullrange drivers: the Fostex FP253 (sealed 45 liters), Fostex FX200 (sealed 25 liters), Fostex Fe127 (sealed 0,9 liters), Coral 4A70 (sealed 1.0 liters)

Attachments

• sp38ahorn2.jpg
    sp38ahorn2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 839
Scottmoose,

A couple months ago (when I had money) I was searching for the fx200s all over the internet for a store that would have 1 pair left in the corner or something. The drivers just seamed so perfect. I really hope they replace it with something. I've heard a couple bad things about the construction of the driver but all I had heard was great things about its sound quality.

Josh

GM

Joined 2003
Scottmoose said:
Why on earth did they discontinue it? It didn't exactly lack popularity from all I've heard.

Greets!

Depends on who you ask. It was a relatively cheap knock-off of JBL's LE8 series and once the 'cognoscenti' gave it a collective 'thumbs down' (or so I was told by someone in their core market, which of course means it could be pure BS)............. Since the FX120 is a cheap LE5, they intimated it will go away also. Pity, a lot of bang/buck in these. I can't help but wonder if JBL took umbrage at Fostex's 'cheekiness'.

The F120A, F200A OTOH appear to be ~clones, with commensurate pricetags.

GM

about sub

Roemhild said:
I had the luck to realise the projekt together with my friend and partner Raffi.
actually I only designed the plans for the horns and the rest made a cabinetmaker (who doesen't speak a word with me anymore) with a lot of patience.
If I build a horn it looks like the followin picture. They ain't very housewifecompabile :xeye:

I'm realy like this sub. I think it's nice for full range satelites work together. Bravo, Roemhild!
could you show plan of this?

Yury said:
thank you Roemhild. I'll wait your plan. I want to make 2 pcs sub's in one enclosure, like stand for plasma, amp's, sattelites - as long as wall. your disign looks like more suitable for this, thank's to not a big depth

here is the Plan, hope that hepls

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

regards Till

Roemhild said:

P.S. only one fullrangedriver played. On the picture you can see some of my fullrange drivers: the Fostex FP253 (sealed 45 liters), Fostex FX200 (sealed 25 liters), Fostex Fe127 (sealed 0,9 liters), Coral 4A70 (sealed 1.0 liters)

The ports might end up having flower pots or teddy bears in them.:D :D

Yury said:

dear Roemhild!
thank you for drafts. do you use hornresp programm?

Hi Yury,

no I`m using AJ-Horn.

http://www.aj-systems.de/

soongsc said:

The ports might end up having flower pots or teddy bears in them.:D :D

ggg, actually I am very lucky and have a very tolerant girlfriend as you can see on the piture of your living room

Attachments

• 80er_10.jpg
    80er_10.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 338
Roemhild said:

Hi Yury,
no I`m using AJ-Horn.

hi! unfortunatly I don't know this and afraid not be able to learn one more program. :(

ggg, actually I am very lucky and have a very tolerant girlfriend as you can see on the piture of your living room

let me know please, how's it's work for small sound pressure?
softly. is it comfortable? or you have small system for it? or it's useless for you? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.