Help with BSC for Jordan JX 92S 8 Litre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Currently building a 8L ported enclosure for a pair of Jordan JX92S. The completed speakers will be placed close to the wall. What would be suitable freq. compensation circuit?

Been looking at various post but I'm getting rather confused cos most are not using what is recommended on Jordan's website.
So what values would be best for the ported 8L.

Do I need to parallel with a cap?
Is the circuit suppose to be in-phase (to +) or out-of-phase?

I've been seeing 3" speakerer go as low as 50Hz at almost 2M with BSC, which makes me kind of wonder whether I'm getting true data. No data after 50Hz and no drop seen yet.:bigeyes: I'm going to try a different facility to see if the results are similar or not.

I'm quite sure the JX92 would do better.

I've heard the 8litre reflex JX92 used with and without the Jordan recommended BSC. The BSC gives the sound more body and balances it out somewhat. The unit was used against the wall at the time.

However, important proviso, I was only listening to one enclosure in mono. In stereo, the bass would tend to be reinforced anyway, so you may find you the need for BSC eliminated. Try the Jordan values first and see how you get on. (Ted does a lot of listening and MLSSA measurement before stuff gets recommended on his site.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.