fe127e vs fr125s for noob?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
edjosh,,so what one did you build?

this one http://www.yildiz.edu.tr/~ilkorur/speaker/fostex_fe127e.htm

or this
>>>L = 22.38"
>>>W = 7.43"
>>>D = 4.58"
>>>driver down 8.85" from top
>>>1.5" dia vent x 1.125" long near/at the bottom
>>>Just a couple of oz of stuffing behind the driver

just curious. as my math skill arent very good....what im looking for is a proven/semi-proven plan. im not to concerned about the bass or lack of it,,everything ive read about these say they play nice and clear,,thats more important to me than bass...i can build others for bass kicking. these wont be for that. i will see how they sound on the desk,replacing the kliptch pair,and using the powered kliptch "sub" woofer. im pretty sure this can be done without rewiring dificulties.

so,,,some bass is fine,,but ill get most from the fake sub woofer,and im hoping the clairity of the 127s will sound even better than the stock kliptch. (besides one is kinda blown. only shows itself when loud enough to anoy the wife :)

thanks
roy

I built your second one
>>>L = 22.38"
>>>W = 7.43"
>>>D = 4.58"
>>>driver down 8.85" from top
>>>1.5" dia vent x 1.125" long near/at the bottom
>>>Just a couple of oz of stuffing behind the driver

The midrange is beautiful, the bass that there is is nice and tight, and the highs can really sing. The highs start off very bright and a tad harsh, but after break in they soften up a lot. They are very relaxing speakers and you can listen to them for hours. They are probably a bit more forward than the wr125s were, but I like that about them.

Josh

thanks edjosh/tim

i never had any doubts about the sound quality of the 127,just exactly how to go about getting it done. i dont realy "need" speakers,but having them sit there new in the box bugs me. :)

and since i replaced the polks in the living room with the 167 DIY speaks on a stand,,, i now kinda want some smallish ones in here next to the pc.

tim, i didnt see the rounded top for the 127s before. i followed the thread for a few weeks,but then i was off line for a while,the puter cooked. and waited for new parts to get here. thing is,i lost all my favorites,,and am just beginning to "get around" again.

thanks for the advice/help guys,
when they are done,ill post some pix,maybe this time looks will mater to me. :)

roy
one thing though.. i have no idea about the notch filter. i have a vague ide aas to how and what they do,, but no idea as to how to make one or how it might hook up.(shrug)

Re: thanks edjosh/tim

roystr said:
thanks for the advice/help guys,
when they are done,ill post some pix,maybe this time looks will mater to me. :)

roy
one thing though.. i have no idea about the notch filter. i have a vague ide aas to how and what they do,, but no idea as to how to make one or how it might hook up.(shrug)

There is a little article to explaion how the notch filter works here

I was wondering, what thread was
this notch filter from? I'm interested in reading the thread.

Roy, that little schematic I think does a good job of showing how it should be integrated into the system. One you purchase the components solder them in the same way the picture shows.

Josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.