Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks? - Page 89 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th June 2006, 03:47 PM   #881
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Greets!

Not having a clue what a 'Gant' chart is, I guess I do too. I don't know how much knowledge/effort is required to embed one, but may be too much to ask of Dave. I've been hoping he would at least put the info on the site though.

Hmm, I just noticed that I forgot to account for the baffle thickness, not that it will make an audible difference. Anyway, here's an Excel SS for those of us who suffer Windoze and hopefully he can embed it into the website without too much hassle or at least offer it as a download:

GM
Attached Files
File Type: zip bib folding.zip (1.8 KB, 206 views)
Old 19th June 2006, 04:02 PM   #882
diyAudio Member

Hey folks. Been a while, as I've been overwhelmed with a lot of stuff lately. I wanted to offer up a set of mediocrely built BIB cabs I built a couple years ago. They're built to the original specs TC had on his page, only out of 3/4" MDF. Glued and screwed. Craftsmenship is far from perfect, but could be a good place for someone to start. Something to experiment with.

These are free, I'm in Columbus, Ohio and they just need to be picked up. If I don't hear from anyone, the go under the saw pretty soon, as I need the space.

Contact me if you're interested. Cheers!

layne_oh at yahoo.com
Old 19th June 2006, 04:03 PM   #883
diyAudio Member

I have finished my BIB's using the FE168EZ. They have been running since Friday afternoon in my golf cart garage/workshop hooked to a Sony boom box. They definately require a break-in period. They were very constricted initially but have changed significantly as of this morning. They are mesmerizing....I stuck my head in the garage this morning and got "sucked in" to the music. I have no fill in them and the bases are not on yet; this will be done tonight after which they will be moved inside.
Pictures to follow.

Ray
Old 19th June 2006, 05:42 PM   #884
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GM
Greets!

Not having a clue what a 'Gant' chart is, I guess I do too. GM
Thank God for that, I was thinking I might be the only one...

Cheers for the sheet Greg.

Glad to hear you like the boxes as they stand Ray. I look forward to seeing the pictures!

All the best
Scott
Old 19th June 2006, 06:00 PM   #885
eLarson is offline eLarson  United States
diyAudio Member

A Gantt chart is a project management tool that shows the timelines of various tasks in the project. They might show the impact of one task getting delayed on the rest of the project, for instance. (If one task cannot start until a different task is complete, it will push the dependent task out, too.)

See also: Microsoft Project.

eL
Old 19th June 2006, 06:16 PM   #886
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Greets!

OK, thanks! I made many of them, but we just called them flow charts.

GM
Old 19th June 2006, 07:23 PM   #887
diyAudio Member

Gantt charts were developed by Henry Gantt in the early 1900's.

There are also:
PERT Charts ( Program Evaluation Review Technique ) developed by the Navy for the ICBM program in the 1950's.
CPM ( Critical Path Method) developed for civilian use by DuPont
PPBS ( Program Planning Budgeting Systems) developed by the Defense Dept. under McNamara in the early 1960's

Ray
Old 19th June 2006, 09:48 PM   #888
diyAudio Member

BIB construction pictures
Old 19th June 2006, 09:56 PM   #889
diyAudio Member

Failed again attempting to send the pictures. Oh well.....

Ray
Old 20th June 2006, 09:36 AM   #890
fred76 is offline fred76  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Once you move away from this ratio the bend becomes increasingly compromised with increasing aspect ratio
Hi GM!

If the Sm ratio is slightly off from the ideal calc.. Let's say for an Sm of 220"^2 = 11" x 20" instead of 12.4" x 17.7", would there be a significant effect in response that it would be quite audible and more difficult to tune (stuffing/lining)? Thanks!

fred

Hide this!Advertise here!