Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks? - Page 501 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2012, 04:35 PM   #5001
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristleifur View Post
Forehead-slap! Of course! I've heard every track on it a million times, but I've actually never seen that cover

Elegant BiBs Masiebers!

Last edited by zman01; 20th May 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:25 PM   #5002
diyAudio Member

They came out great masiebers! I have the same drivers in their original boxes and hope to break them out one day and enjoy the music they make.

Zilla
Old 21st May 2012, 01:01 AM   #5003
diyAudio Member

Thanks Zilla. I love the FE168 sigma in the bib. Notes just can't wait to get out!
Old 22nd May 2012, 01:55 PM   #5004
diyAudio Member

Godzilla, I don't find the Bib calculator working anymore. I'd like to give the Fostex 168Sigmas a go in the easy Bibs before considering the Austin 166. Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2012, 03:49 PM   #5005
diyAudio Member

Send me an email at zillaspeakers@gmail.com and i will send you the bib calculator.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:07 PM   #5006
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Was thinking of building a small pair of BIBs, maybe FE126En or FE108ES for the TV room. I went to the Zilla site to look at graphs etc. for the options but get "Not found" on all the BIB links there. Has the BIB bata moved?

Thanks.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:21 AM   #5007
diyAudio Member

ChrisMmm, I just finished my BIB's with FE168sigma and I used the spreadsheet from here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...or_v1x.xls.zip, as mentioned in this post: BIB calculator
Old 5th July 2012, 12:38 AM   #5008
diyAudio Member

Thanks for that. Will have to convert to metric but no problem.

I was also looking for the frequency response modelling that was on Zilla to help decide which driver to go for - if anybody knows where that is now?

Hope you enjoy the 188 BIBs, they sound great and get better with use. I have a pair of 168 BIBs around 7 years old now as well as some 208EZ/T90 BIBs. Having moved house I may sell the 168s and build the smaller 108s.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2012, 02:48 PM   #5009
diyAudio Member

Sorry the charts are not available online. Nearly all of the charts looked horrid but when you visually filter out the jaggies and just look at the averaged curve you can see the bass response. Regardless of whether you use the 126 or the 108, i doubt you will notice a big difference in bass response (assuming you put them into the same BIB). If i happen across the charts (which I hope are on a hard drive i pulled everything onto prior to my divorce - which is still pending, grrrr! - I will be sure to post them.

Having heard the 127 in BIBs i can say they are extremely sweet sounding and produce a very natural and tight bass when in corners. They have a very delicate and 'pretty' sound. The 168s (old style with whizzer) offers a more dynamic sound but not really a better sound overall. I think the 127e and 168s are great drivers but they do have their sonic personalities. Every one seemed to love the 108 so i think you probably have a winner there.

Zilla
Old 5th July 2012, 04:12 PM   #5010
GM is online now GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's an old sim of the FE108ES in TC's 40-1354 BIB. Refer to MJK's BIB doc for some idea of an in room response.

GM
Attached Images
File Type: gif FE108ES T.C. BIB Tapered.gif (8.2 KB, 377 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!