Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks? - Page 360 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2007, 03:18 PM   #3591
diyAudio Member

Greg has done one too Jeff that IMO would be a great asset to the BIB site. The one I knocked out linked to above has the bugs worked out & is working as it should. I can tweak it slightly for downward venting & sub types if desired.
Old 5th October 2007, 03:36 PM   #3592
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottmoose
Greg has done one too Jeff that IMO would be a great asset to the BIB site. The one I knocked out linked to above has the bugs worked out & is working as it should. I can tweak it slightly for downward venting & sub types if desired.
I would like it!
Old 5th October 2007, 03:56 PM   #3593
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottmoose
The one I posted was based on another one found in this thread and Scott's and Greg's comments. It works fine too, and has been corrected and supplemented with several options to enhance my "play", but intellectual property has priority over fancy, so IMO I'll keep "mine" for Internal Use Only.

Gastón
Old 5th October 2007, 04:22 PM   #3594
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

So what are you saying Gastón? Should I not have shared my 'intellectual property' so that you and/or others would have had to work out the math on your own before you could even create your 'enhanced' spreadsheet?
Old 5th October 2007, 05:05 PM   #3595
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GM
So what are you saying Gastón? Should I not have shared my 'intellectual property' so that you and/or others would have had to work out the math on your own before you could even create your 'enhanced' spreadsheet?
Hi Greg !
I have to apologize because I mis-expressed myself in such a way... My intention was only to say that I didn't intend to take ownership of the work and effort of others (the intellectual property owners) with an embellished (fancy) version of a previous work. Proposing it to be put in Jeff's pages would have meant that to me.

With Internal Use Only, I just wanted to express that I wouldn't add confusion to the thread with "my" version of others' work. Just that.

If Jeff wants to put it in his pages, it will be an honor, but again my intention is that nobody thinks it is *my* spreadsheet but another one's one that I got and updated with other people knowledge. I will update it as more people adds to the Body of Knowledge. Or more errors come to light

Again, sorry for the confusion. I'll try to use a less hyperbolic language in future posts

Gastn
Old 5th October 2007, 06:17 PM   #3596
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Let's post links (or attach) all the various worksheets & take the best of each and tart up a pretty & comprehansive one... i haven't had time to incorporate some of the (good) detail out of any of the others into the one i wrote (or the one off Jeff's site that i actually use now).

Excel is quite limiting for fancy stuff but once we have something that defines a spec, maybe some knowledgable Java programmer intersted in BIBs can write a fancy java (or Python) ap that can play on Jeff's site (or that can be downloaded and used locally)

dave
Old 5th October 2007, 07:04 PM   #3597
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10
Let's post links (or attach) all the various worksheets & take the best of each and tart up a pretty & comprehansive one... i haven't had time to incorporate some of the (good) detail out of any of the others into the one i wrote (or the one off Jeff's site that i actually use now).

dave
The only thing this one adds is a wood calculator. It is only in Imperial at this time. Other than that, it is as basic as it gets.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bib calculator..zip (9.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 5th October 2007, 08:14 PM   #3598
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Mine is basic but generates a crude drawing (a chart that you need to change axis range on to keep accurate)....

dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip bib-calculator-dld.xls.zip (8.1 KB, 73 views)
Old 6th October 2007, 11:13 AM   #3599
stroop is offline stroop  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Folks,

For anyone interested.

I just drew up a very rough plan for a BIB design with a filter chamber. It would be quite simple to do actually! Slightly more complex than a BIB of course but maintaining same pirincipals and shape.

Just a question...again. If I straightened out Rons A166 keeping the same camber volume and with just one bend, aim the mouth at a ceiling corner like a BIB....Could work nicely...Yes?! That's if Ron wouldn't mind me corrupting his design...

Cheers Stroop
Old 6th October 2007, 01:54 PM   #3600
diyAudio Member

Personally, I'd just mount the driver on a pod on the side & vent sideways into the main cabinet.

Hide this!Advertise here!