Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks?

Great. Thought is along the lines of Jim Griffin's offset MLTL that he derived from AudioKinesis' DreamMaker conept. For a small driver like the B3S or RS125, could you do a bipolar iBIB with the front driver at ear height (0.41*L) and the rear at a lower position (0.21*L). The drivers would have to be on the "depth"/long sides and offset towards one side. But, would allow moving the speaker off the wall yet avoid need for BSC.

Thoughts? Build it and see? Or is the spacing too large for this idea. 0.21 and 0.41 heights would be 13" apart for the B3S version.

Last edited:
i just thought it would be kinda cool to have a desktop sized bib. i got some peerless csx 8 inchers that i could use to make a "sub" and have myself a pretty unique 2.1 system. i just dont know if my marantz 2216 or gainclone will play nice with a fostex. they both play nice with vintage 70s AAL speakers.

You forget BIB is "Bigger Is Better". How can a normal desktop space accommodate that properly?

my desk is roughly 3x8ft. plus the little foot print of the FE87E bib would allow me to place them almost anywhere on my desk. maybe ill just have to drive over to madisound and pick up a pair just to mess around with. i have an idea of making the boxes out of pine ply or osb and wrapping them in fabric then coating them with epoxy or something. they did this on the original gem guitars and they look absolutly amazing.

JEM-BODY.JPG

i have heard rumors that the floral pattern fabric matched the drapes in steve vais house.

JEM-BODY.JPG

i have heard rumors that the floral pattern fabric matched the drapes in steve vais house.

This business of not being able to see some attachments without researching them is getting old quick! http://gtrkev.tripod.com/guitars/JEM-BODY.JPG

Regardless, yes, a lot of the speakers I did for others was during the '70s decoupage 'craze', so all manner of materials coverings/coating was tried and yes, if epoxy is used, then a viable way to stiffen up a cab, audibly improving the then existing 'junk' speakers that were made of low density particleboard (PB) held together with cheap, thin, vinyl coverings.

GM

RE Ripple...

If ripple is caused by the roof reflecting back into the horn has anyone tried fitting a corner wedge to combat this ?

What effect would that have ? Just curious, if you've got a set of these then you probably don't suffer from WAF anyway.

I'm just finishing up a new pair.

Sedge.

Attachments

• ripple.JPG
    ripple.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 424