Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks?
Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2018, 02:25 PM   #5731
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah, max room gain is when both speaker and LP are at opposing walls. Curious what it's like when the LP is at an odd harmonic closer in or if still too much, at some point between an odd and even harmonic.

GM
Old 18th May 2018, 04:27 PM   #5732
Ivo is offline Ivo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I could try some measurements away from the corner, but it will always be in the corner. I promised my wife.

Room gain was less pronounced with a sealed box Q=0.5, but perhaps I overstuffed it.
Old 19th May 2018, 04:16 PM   #5733
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Understood, just curious since the LP is usually well away from the back wall.

GM
Old 19th May 2018, 05:31 PM   #5734
diyAudio Member

Hang on, you mean change listening position. I thought LoudsPeaker. Not paying attention obviously. I will try it sometime.
Old 5th July 2018, 05:29 PM   #5735
BHD is offline BHD  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BHD
Hey Ivo, just curious how they sound now and if you ever tried them out of the corners but up against the wall... Did they still have the bass hump?
Old 7th July 2018, 12:24 AM   #5736
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHD View Post
Hey Ivo, just curious how they sound now and if you ever tried them out of the corners but up against the wall... Did they still have the bass hump?
They are still changing, apparently still breaking in. I update DSP/EQ every now and then.

All dialed in to approximately flat response, it actually sounds very "normal". There's beautiful coherence and incredible dynamic range, sounds fade away into deep darkness. But overall, you are listening to a very good reproduction of acoustic sound. Or a warm and endless abyss of reggae bass, whatever I am listening. I like it.

I usually get improvement fever very quickly when I build something new, but not so much now. Different material, neater construction. That's it.

The loudspeakers won't move out of their designated corners, there simply is no practical space to move them to. We did just get a new sofa this week, about 2.5 times as big as the last one. It is about 50cm/20 inches further out from the backwall. I will do a new measurement sometime soon and post it here.
Old 10th July 2018, 08:04 PM   #5737
Godzilla is offline Godzilla  United States
diyAudio Member

Cool speaker Ivo.
Old 11th July 2018, 09:31 PM   #5738
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

This thread is amazing, isn't it?
Old 12th July 2018, 11:39 AM   #5739
diyAudio Member

Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks?Hide this!Advertise here!