UK Source, fiberglass acoustic panels, B.Brines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ladies and gents,

I am looking for a UK source for something like the fiberglass acoustic panels that bob brines uses in his FT 1600 Mk2.

I have looked at the armstrong site but cannot find them.

Anyone know an alternative? Source?

In the UK would be best but if i do have to order overseas i will.

Thanks

Wella

Hello,

I probably shouldnt describe them any further cause bob's designs are copywrited and i bought the plans. but i think they are popular for Fostex drivers so someone else may have been in the same country/position as me and had to source the same.

Thanks

Wella

Hello

A while ago I posted this link on this and other forums, so its a good time to do so again. I think an excellant alternative ( possibly better ?? ) would be " Thermafleece ". These are pure wool bats for thermal and sound insulation. They come in 50mm and 75mm thicknesses ( but its easily compressed ). Being pure wool its pleasant to handle unlike fibreglass and of course wool is favoured by many " TLine " builders.

Anyway, their web address is " www.secondnatureuk.com ". You will find a lot of info there and, they are very helpful and will send samples. So give them a try

Roy

Roy Lewis said:
Hello

A while ago I posted this link on this and other forums, so its a good time to do so again. I think an excellant alternative ( possibly better ?? ) would be " Thermafleece ". These are pure wool bats for thermal and sound insulation. They come in 50mm and 75mm thicknesses ( but its easily compressed ). Being pure wool its pleasant to handle unlike fibreglass and of course wool is favoured by many " TLine " builders.

Roy

Excellent!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.