Anywhere to buy off-the shelf phase plug?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using a pair of Dave's phase plugs on my "full-tweek" Radio Shack 1197's and they sure helped the sound a lot.
I liked them before and they measured (in room) plus/minus 3dB from 65Hz to 15kHz. Dan Wiggins used Praxis to measure them at the last "Puget Sound!" speaker contest. I haven't had them measured after the phase plugs were installed, so maybe the FR got worse, but they really sound so much better I don't care
:D
BTW: They are very well made and really look spiffy, so if you run your speakers without grills it's probably worth it even if they didn't make a difference.
Best Regards,
TerryO

Where have all the wooden door knobs gone?

Here in Mongkok I'm in the heart of the hardware/building supply district of Hong Kong. Just searched through dozens of stores and thousands of door knobs; couldn't find one suitable solid wood knob. Didn't every kid used to have a wooden door knob to play with? What a world we've become!
OK I may have to resort to the Craftsman section of the tool shop. We want 3/8" drive regular or long reach socket?
I did get a length of 30mm solid wood dowel.

Thanks all and Cheers
Brian

Thanx. A little spark during the 1812 overture could get the neighbors riled and start a war.
Did the ball on dowel last night and definitely improved things.

Brian

Attachments

• phaseplug.gif
    phaseplug.gif
    61.3 KB · Views: 297
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.