Open baffle afterburner?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well after about 20 hours or so of REALLY loud break in, things are getting a little better. The shoutiness is wearing down but is still there. I hope i can get away with just a little eq.

Male voices and electric bass are insanely nice as well as drums. I assume i will like female voices much more with the addition of a helper tweeter and minor eq.

This is all off a crappy kenwood home receiver too! I imagine when my Charlize gets here i will be much happier.

Nate

Eminence alpha

Im going to use the eminence alpha 15 x 2 per side to fill in the bottom end of a ciare dipole.

Another similar option is the mcm 1310 15" aluminium qts 1.44 and the Goldwood GW-215/8 15" has qts 1.95 and an fs of of 29, although less sensitive.

I went with the eminence as i could get it cheaper, and it is the most sensitive (goldwood cheaper in the states but not after shipping and tax). Hoping to eventually use a single amp.

By the way, you can get the beyma tweeter at their uk distributor for £55 each. still a bit pricey for me at the moment.

http://home.btconnect.com/MilTec--UK--Ltd/beymer/00BSmidhf.html

Cheers,

Ross

el`Ol said:
Why isn`t there anybody who uses the Eminence Alpha-15? It seems to be the last bass driver with Qts>1.
I find that OBs deliver a more natural and uncompressed bass than conventional woofers and I am considering to build something with a 5" and 15".

I'll be using some 18" goldwood woofers 1858 in an dipole setup and they have a pretty high q (1.07). I like my music Loud and to sound great while playing so. :)

Nate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.