FE166e in Folded Voigt Pipe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greets!

Dumbass said:
Is building Austin rev G a feasible option?

???

a_men said:

Thank you very much:)

What box should I do for 167?

I'll be thankful for dimensions.

I think about ML TL of course:)

You're welcome!

Actually, the one I said was for the 166 will work fine since as I noted the only real difference between them is the amount of series resistance required to flatten it out, with the FE167E requiring less.

GM

Greets!

OK, so I assume you're asking whether or not the 167 will work in it? If so, in theory it shouldn't since both the rear chamber and throat needs to be much bigger, hence the horn itself will be different also.

Now had he designed it for the 167, then the 166 could be used with some series R, ergo a safe rule-of-thumb in speaker design is that you can use a lower Q driver in a higher Q driver's alignment, but not vice versa.

GM

GM said:
OK, so I assume you're asking whether or not the 167 will work in it? If so, in theory it shouldn't since both the rear chamber and throat needs to be much bigger, hence the horn itself will be different also.

Now had he designed it for the 167, then the 166 could be used with some series R, ergo a safe rule-of-thumb in speaker design is that you can use a lower Q driver in a higher Q driver's alignment, but not vice versa.
No, the question was whether the builder wanted to tackle the build (using a 166).

I wouldn't want to alter one of Ron's designs, as I believe they are very tightly designed around a specific driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.