fr125s for in wall use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend has asked me to install speakers for his home theater in-wall and I was wondering if I could use 5 of the FR125 running full range.

I might consider using a crossover and tweeter on the fronts to improve off center response.

I think I could configure them to small with the yet to be determined HT receiver and fill in the bottom with sub. If i had him purchase one of the newer receivers that feature some auto-EQ, then the frequency response might be made quite acceptable.

I have not seen any posts about in wall use.

Any suggestions?

FR125's in wall system being built

I am still in the process of installing the complete in-wall / in-ceiling HT system for my boss. The Left/Right/Center will be in wall and the rears will be in ceiling.
I have also decided to use a pair of Adire Extremis as in-wall subs.
This will be a fairly low volume but high quality system for an older gentleman. I am using the newer Panasonic all-digital HT receiver as it is very compact and has been highly reviewed. It will not drive low impedance speakers however, so the FR125's should match up well.
Have not decided on plate amp to drive the twin Extremis yet.
Will probably choose to croossover around 150hz.

I cut custom baffles to place on the wall from 1/2" birch ply and they will be flush when the sheetrock is hung around them.

Will post pictures and listening impressions soon.

JohnMark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.