Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Ah yes, it is easy to spend a lot of time there, always some new little place to discover. It is changing a lot though, from a hifi perspective probably for the worse. Small businesses are going under, and the big chains are taking over, it is becoming a lot more modern, and dare I say it, bland.

Got the new Toshiba Gigabeat S30 player for the girlfriend this time, so the CD-player for me will have to wait for awhile. I got my eye on the C.E.C. CD3300R (http://www.cec-web.co.jp/products/player/cd3300r_top.html) , it seems to offer a lot for the price of 31800JPY (best offer I could find). It is a small manufacturer but they seem to have a pretty solid reputation here.

By the way, the FE107s really opened up now, I played around with toe-in and things seem to settle real nice, the bass is much better than before...I guess I was a sceptic in regards of burn-in, but the sound has definitely changed from my first listening session.

Later,

sort of full range..

well, here, finally is a pix of my yet to be cosmetically finished OBs. The Coax tweeter is hung with coat hangers. Without the tweeter and Xover, a real "honk" existed. , now so smooth, I can't finish them:)

Attachments

• obsml.jpg
    obsml.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 6,138
3/4 " tweeter..

Dave,

salvaged 3/4" Mission "700 Series HF"

Not sure who Mission used at the time. The tweeter has a custom face plate w/Mission on it (most likely Vifa or Seas). They do sound nice and with the salvaged X-overs from the old Wharfedale Denton lls , they sound great. The whole baffle "sucked" until I added the tweeter. The J10s had a nasal quality about them. I believe a better "fullranger" would be the answer, "but dammit Jim", they're so nice to listen to, I don't want to change a thing not even ':)' take em apart to finish.

Yes its the FE127E, and Im not sure what a T-Line is, and Im pretty sure its bass reflex. Its the DIYAudio Fullrange Reference Design: Folded Monopole.

Yes its a 120mm fan grill after being bent a bit, which worked great. I dont take credit for the idea, someone on the forums recommended it to me.

Here are my speakers.

Based on decware hdt plans. I used baltic birch, solid hondurian mahogany veneer (2mm thin) and a slice of teak in the middle of each face.

I originaly used the modified decware fe206e but finished up modifiying a pair of fe206e and using a heil tweeter for the top end.

I can integrated them a 3k, 8k, 13-14 khz (since I don't have whizers anymore) or simply full range.

Since, I builded my line level cross-over and 4 channels gainclone, I don't listen to them fullrange very often.

Here is with the heil driver on top, note that I've been too lazy to finish my top plate ... I really have to do it :)

hdtgainclone_322.jpg

Here the result when I added a double suspension to the fostex driver. It wasn't even dried when I took the picture.

pict0023_small_108.jpg

Here is my little Metronome speaker using the Fostex full range FE108 Sigma driver
helped out at the bottom end by an MJ Acoustics Pro 50 Active sub.

It's a quadratic tapered mass loaded quarter wave resonator enclosure.

The mass loading was designed by Scott Lingren with Dave Dlugos of Planet10

Arty birch ply quarter wave cabinet by me.

Attachments

• metronome.jpg
    metronome.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4,418