Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Quick! 2 hours of shopping, 2 hours of drilling, 1 hour of painting, 1 hour of assembling, and 2 hours of soldering.
Impressions.. It is much better than I expected. It is much better that anything else I have (3-way speakers with complicated filters, monitors, Sennheiser headphones). It is much better than anything I listened in my life.
There are no filters there; just by 4 speaker sequential, 5 groups in parallel = 6.2 Ohms.
The speakers are full range "10-1054LA/XCN K2UJT MADE IN CHINA" I bought for $0.5 ages ago (parts-express?).
I use them with this amplifier: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/71300-photo-gallery-17.html#post659717

Compact Floorstanders

I loved the idea of this design....smallish speakers with non parallel back/baffle with no need for speaker stands.....

These were originally intended for the Planet-10 compact floorstander design with the Alpair 10P's. After milling (all but the baffle cutout), a buddy asked to try the smaller 6" Seas in a sealed cab. So the 10P's vent shelf was shoved against the back panel before glue/clamp to make a sealed apprx 18-19ltr cab for the 6" Seas full-range.

It really needs EQ and with a 1.2mH inductor and 18R resistor soldered into the speaker cable sounds very nice....certainly faster than the larger 8" Seas, but sounds even better with line level EQ.

Next project is the same design, but a bit narrower and vented for the Alpair 10.3 metal....I have a good feeling about this next project's sound quality...

Mario

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 1,606
  • IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    739.6 KB · Views: 1,420
Zia and Dave: Yes Zia's right, it is the Seas FEA18RCZ....I completed the larger "22" in a 60 ltr sealed cab in September or October (posted then under same forum)

Suprf1y: yes it's FZ's "one size fits all" and is probably in my top 5 FZ favorite albums...this particular recent remaster is on par with the original 70's pressing and way better than FZ's 90's "Old Masters" digitally remastered vinyl.

Mario

- DY 1256 U
- 2 x 3: ca. 5,4 ohm/channel
- dipole
- without any crossover; you have to modify the drivers, and build in with some regardings;-)))

Important: never high the difference speaker - speaker by rule of thumb. Use clean sounding amps to get a clean mono (most signals), than find the right position; ca. 1,5 m per =/> 4 m listening-distance: get a "body", get a correct "room"-)

... a dream with 2 x 2 watt, or so;-)))

LG

Last edited: