Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Greg's Alpair 10.3 boxes

Here are some new speakers, first build for a while. The new Alpair 10.3 in the official 16l reflex box. That's sapele veneered plywood and cork sheet fronts. I realize I'm more of a hard modernist than most folks, but I like them, and that's what counts. :D

This is sort of a partial cross post from the MA forum, but these are different pictures of the speakers in their intended location. World's finest bookshelf speakers! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

DSCN0313.JPG

DSCN0318.JPG

DSCN0319.JPG

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Though the driver (SB12MNRX25-4) is not really designed for running fullrange I decided to implement it as such. Paint job is by my 5 1/2 YO so not your average finish :p

Still have to build the second one for a stereo pair. I think once I have that they will image very well. This one doesn't sound at all like a small speaker. It really throws a full sound into the room, I was quite surprised. F/R does need some work but is not too bad as is.

Tony.

Attachments

• DSC_3403.jpg
    DSC_3403.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 1,538
  • DSC_3405.jpg
    DSC_3405.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 240
Though the driver (SB12MNRX25-4) is not really designed for running fullrange I decided to implement it as such. Paint job is by my 5 1/2 YO so not your average finish :p

Still have to build the second one for a stereo pair. I think once I have that they will image very well. This one doesn't sound at all like a small speaker. It really throws a full sound into the room, I was quite surprised. F/R does need some work but is not too bad as is.

Tony.
From Sydney mate I need you to hold up our end.

Tony.

Dear Wintermute,

You might want to consider my humble design, Post #2404, for which, after obliterating the "slot", you would make a hole in the back and connect it to the longest and biggest rear horn you can build. That way you'll have excellent imaging and good fast bass, the best of both worlds. In my case, I built the rear horn with 3 PVC tubes in parallel (quick and dirty solution), the central one connects middle way to the speaker box, then conducts the sound to the top where the lateral tubes begin ( doubling area). The low horn mouth acts like a base for the "stand". I consider wood a very good but difficult to work material, so I plan to learn how to work with fiber-glass.

Good luck.
M.

Here are some new speakers, first build for a while. The new Alpair 10.3 in the official 16l reflex box. That's sapele veneered plywood and cork sheet fronts. I realize I'm more of a hard modernist than most folks, but I like them, and that's what counts. :D

This is sort of a partial cross post from the MA forum, but these are different pictures of the speakers in their intended location. World's finest bookshelf speakers! :)

Hi Greg B

Very nice speakers. I hope you do not have problems with the bottom of bandwidth.

Have a nice day
Robert

Ps. In a few days I will present my new column (computer speakers - Manger)

Tony.

LOVE the 5 1/2yo paint job! I've thought of doing the same, but mine are 7 and 10 and getting beyond that uninhibited stage.