Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

The drivers Audax full rangers cost me £10 for the pair the box a Voight pipe was built from an old shoe rack. Amazingly for such a non optimised design I get down in to the 50hz reason about 3db or so down in a sealed box it was around 100hz. For £12 I am well pleased had to get some more wood glue.

Congratulations! You have discovered the soul nurturing magic and value of DIY.

The drivers Audax full rangers cost me £10 for the pair the box a Voight pipe was built from an old shoe rack. Amazingly for such a non optimised design I get down in to the 50hz reason about 3db or so down in a sealed box it was around 100hz. For £12 I am well pleased had to get some more wood glue.
Hi Alex!
Give view the draft box and tags Audax speakers,...
thank you!

Congratulations! You have discovered the soul nurturing magic and value of DIY.

I have in the past built from scratch; pre amps, DAC's, speakers, rebuilt mixing desks, alas I lost a load of stuff through homelessness and it being moved too much. I just do not have the time to do any complicated things along now. However I am doing something completely insane that includes sound but won't be classed as hifi.

Harley speakers

A pair that my stepson built.

Attachments

• DSC01856.jpg
    DSC01856.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 1,302
  • DSC01857.jpg
    DSC01857.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 1,253
The guys from Ukraine, working head and hands!

Continuation of the line Karlson Dipol loudspeaker Pilot-II.
KDL-Pilot_Vadimych_1.jpg
KDL-Pilot_Vadimych_4.jpg
KDL-Pilot_Vadimych_9.JPG

The speakers are a modest 21cm in diameter and stand 129cm(+) tall. Sure, they weigh 21,5Kg a piece, in addition they are easy to move and reposition.

Slots provide for sound, deep bass is very simply one of the driest, fastest and cleanest we've ever heard.

Charcoal as all we see are 2 boxes, please tell us which drivers are used, XO frequencies and their sensitivity, ok?

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

sonido sfr 175AT + 2 x 300scw sonido, 95-96 db / watt, first order, fullranger from 200 Hz and up. Constant directivity horn.

Low section - labyrynth designed more or less like in the article at my blogspot (see signature).
Front horn - is symmetrical dipole. Mean that the same horn on the back of driver and on its face.

Picture without grills - at previous pages.

That's a great concept. I entered a Di-pole/ K-Tube Speaker for VSAC (Valve State of the Art Conference) Home Builder/DIY Contest one year and took third place overall. I might add that it was the only speaker to be awarded a prize by Doc Bottlehead.

Great Fun!

Best Regards,
TerryO

sonido sfr 175AT + 2 x 300scw sonido, 95-96 db / watt, first order, fullranger from 200 Hz and up. Constant directivity horn.

Low section - labyrynth designed more or less like in the article at my blogspot (see signature).
Front horn - is symmetrical dipole. Mean that the same horn on the back of driver and on its face.

Picture without grills - at previous pages.

Excellent and stylish!
How does the horn on the back?

For "Breaking Bad" Fans - Can't get enough of TABAQs!

Folded TABAQ design from Bjorn Johannesen.

Driver - Tang Band - W3-881SI
Cabinet - 1/2" MDF
Finishes:
Yellow - Oil Based (4 coats) Primer (3 coats)
Black - Truck Bed Liner Paint
Decals - Acrylic Gel Medium transfer technique off of laser prints

Speaker Grills - Bio Hazard computer fan grills - 92mm.

Attachments

• Side 1.jpg
    Side 1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,627
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,612
  • Fronts.jpg
    Fronts.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 360
  • detail.jpg
    detail.jpg