Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

tilroth: Do you have test CD to see how low the bass goes. I would be interested? Can you post the plans please? Where in Australia are you from I'm from southern Vic.

Plans for Vampyr are available from Scott - 15GBP - cheaper than the cost of material. (please don't use MDF for these ;))

Woden Design | Vampyr-V

See terms of use:

The contents of this site unless otherwise noted belong to Woden Design and are protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved. Purchase price of speaker plans covers personal use only. You may not use information found here for any commercial purposes without obtaining a license from Woden Design. Many of our speakers contain proprietary technology that is licensed to us by Martin J. King. Should you wish to produce one or more of our speakers commercially, please contact us for terms and conditions.

In other words, for any of the designs on Scott's site, build as many pairs for your own personal use, but don't share plans with others, or build for commercial purposes without license from Woden or MJK.

tilroth: Do you have test CD to see how low the bass goes. I would be interested? Can you post the plans please? Where in Australia are you from I'm from southern Vic.

I don't have a test CD but there is pipe organ bass provided you have your ear next to one of the 4 ports. Based on a solid 15 minutes of listening, I'd say that the bass would be fine in a small room with the speakers in the corners.

I've built a pair of Needles, Bricks, TABAQs and BIBS. The Vampyr-Vs have a different sound which grabs your attention. These enclosures will show you which of your CDs are compressed and which are not.

The cutting sheet is well worth PayPaling $AU23. to Woden Design.

I'm in Melbourne and rent space at The Wooden Boat Centre 'cause they've got table, chop and band saws, benches etc.

The Vampyr-Vs were a fun build, I can't wait to paint them. The owner said he wanted them red(!).

Cheers, Mack

I don't have a test CD but there is pipe organ bass provided you have your ear next to one of the 4 ports. Based on a solid 15 minutes of listening, I'd say that the bass would be fine in a small room with the speakers in the corners.

I've built a pair of Needles, Bricks, TABAQs and BIBS. The Vampyr-Vs have a different sound which grabs your attention. These enclosures will show you which of your CDs are compressed and which are not.

The cutting sheet is well worth PayPaling $AU23. to Woden Design.

I'm in Melbourne and rent space at The Wooden Boat Centre 'cause they've got table, chop and band saws, benches etc.

The Vampyr-Vs were a fun build, I can't wait to paint them. The owner said he wanted them red(!).

Cheers, Mack
Ta!

Full range in bathroom

Hi,

Just thought to share this little project in a bathroom. Done with Markaudio CHR70 and with a dedicated amp. Sounds great for that place !

Nelson

Attachments

• DSC00155.jpg
    DSC00155.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 1,898
I built my Hedlunds ten years ago and I am very happy with them. They have AER full range drivers. In addition the midrange is crossed over to a Raven ribbon tweeter at 2 Khz with a gradual slope. This removes some of the abnomalities from the whizzer cone. The tweeter is not horn loaded but very efficient and is located underneath the AER driver and is hidden behind the grille. (see pic)

Attachments

• Kollen-Hedlunds.jpg
    Kollen-Hedlunds.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,450
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The drivers Audax full rangers cost me £10 for the pair the box a Voight pipe was built from an old shoe rack. Amazingly for such a non optimised design I get down in to the 50hz reason about 3db or so down in a sealed box it was around 100hz. For £12 I am well pleased had to get some more wood glue.

Attachments

• P6220576.jpg
    P6220576.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 491