Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Inspiring design!:cheers: if you make the baseplate better and a some logo it would be perfect:)

yup, there's something I just like about that 5` slanted front - this is at least the 3rd design to incorporate same, and will likely be repeated (although I don't look forward to a slanted trapezoid / pyramid that I just know is simmering in the back of Dave's mind)

prototypes always have that slightly unfinished look - this was one of those 8 hour builds (including veneer and finishing) shoehorned in amongst other work

Dave does have some of the logo badges, and the baseplate is easy enough to replace

Hey!
Add a woofer, cast the Baffle out of 3" concrete.. then it's move over Jim Theil.
Great minds think alike?
THIEL

Although Theil is a shadow of it's former presence. These were their smaller (smallest?) speakers 20 years ago.
Largely due I presume, to Hi End Audio currently being on Life Support.

Last edited:
Urushi lacquer

It is Japanese urushi lacquer.
This brush is made from woman's hair.
urushi21.jpg
urushi22.jpg
urushi23.jpg

mMar-Kel70

...completed a set of P-10 mMar-Kel70 flat pacs, finished with padauk veneer. While I'm not wild about my veneer abilities, these sound absolutely fantastic! Deep bass, very forgiving and clear hi's & mids. Thanks again Dave,
Mario

Attachments

• P9260141.jpg
    P9260141.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 2,426
  • P9260138.jpg
    P9260138.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 2,316
...completed a set of P-10 mMar-Kel70 flat pacs, finished with padauk veneer. While I'm not wild about my veneer abilities, these sound absolutely fantastic! Deep bass, very forgiving and clear hi's & mids. Thanks again Dave,
Mario
veneer job looks fine to me and the fabricator always knows where the hidden flaws lie

those EL70s sure are fun

did I say that before?

edit - yes I wonder myself about the subject of the book/movie poster - I'm sure most would say "just fine thanks, except for the replicating part"

Last edited:
Karlson

Here, some pics of my 3 Karkson Speaker Projects.
The first is a smaller 12" plus 4" used for difference channel. Second is the right, and third, the left. The last is of my home-brewed coax, a 15" with a 4" cone tweeter in front of it, and 4 pieces of wire supporting it.

Attachments

• KC.JPG
    KC.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 1,888
  • KL.JPG
    KL.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,813
  • KR.JPG
    KR.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Coax.JPG
    Coax.JPG