Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

SCANSPEAK 10F/8422-03
scanspeak2.jpg

scanspeak1.jpg

10F_8422-03Urussie.jpg

10F_8422-03Urussiever_1_1.jpg

Derwent cabinets with CSS EL70 drivers

Here are a few pics of my Derwent speakers with CSS EL70 drivers. The design is from the 'Lake District Series' from the frugal-phile.com. Thanks to Dave from Planet10-hifi for his help with all my questions I kept emailing him with.

They are made from 18mm maple ply and stuck with polyurethane glue.

Derwent-001.jpg

Derwent-002.jpg

Derwent-003.jpg

Derwent-004.jpg

Derwent-005.jpg

Derwent-006.jpg

Derwent-007.jpg

I haven't run them in yet, but after half an hour of listening, they sound as good as Dave said they would. I can't believe the low end these speakers can produce in these cabinets. I am running them from my LM4780 Gainclone :)

Kind of a sucky picture, but my camera is packed away or lost or something.

7444F0F8-5951-42BF-8EEF-0793E64D081F-624-000000FC918A6A89.jpg

Uses two Silver Flute W17 8ohm woofers and an FE83en. 4 component cross over. Sealed cab. Meant for home theatre use as a centre channel speaker. Does what it's supposed to do, provide good horizontal coverage without reflection aberations.

Attached measurements are an outdoor smoothed (red) and an outdoor gated combined with a nearfield (green). Impedance also attached. I left the hiccup at 2khz alone. It sounds fine. The peakiness around 150hz is more audible actually, at least in my room. Easily corrected by receiver eq. That peak is my doing in the cross over. Was necessary to get the woofer stop band low enough to not screw up the midrange.

Planet10 outfitted the drivers with his handywork. They look great. I really owe this one a better picture. The cab is walnut stained black. The chamfer trim is birsdseye maple with red transtint. Matches the enable dots :)

Attachments

• complete outdoor.png
    complete outdoor.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 343
  • impedance.png
    impedance.png
    33 KB · Views: 320
Last edited: