Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

So how is this different from any other thread?(mods?)

Guys,

I don't really see the need for this thread, based on how it has been used. Where is the picture gallery? This starting to become "anything goes" in this thread.

Can an actual gallery be made that is just photos? It would seem to me to just have references to the photos (as in links) that would be placed into a Gallery. Does this make sense?

This seems like all the other "Gallery" threads, except for those that are "user's systems"

Guys,

I don't really see the need for this thread, based on how it has been used. Where is the picture gallery? This starting to become "anything goes" in this thread.

Can an actual gallery be made that is just photos? It would seem to me to just have references to the photos (as in links) that would be placed into a Gallery. Does this make sense?

This seems like all the other "Gallery" threads, except for those that are "user's systems"

do as I say, not as I do? :rolleyes:

yes, any of us can ramble on , apropos of nothing

Visaton FR13 bass reflex

Visaton FR13 bass reflex

My first speaker project, still waiting for the terminals. The port is tuned for 55Hz. The drivers aren't burned in yet, but I like them quite a bit already.

6882602055_0a17a8f70d_b.jpg

6882218099_61ca437e09_b.jpg

Fs is 100Hz, but the impedance peak reaches only to approx. 11 ohm. It is tuned way below this, to 55Hz. Can this cause problems?

I'm in the process of constructing a measurement mic, until then I can only judge by ear, the 100Hz region doesn't sound strange I would say. The speaker will need baffle step correction and a notch filter at 5k. The driver is dirt cheap, but doesn't sound too bad.

Driver info:
FR13-4 - Visaton full-range speaker with an inverted surround 13 cm (5 inch) (4800) - Europe Audio