Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Hello to everyone,

I am pretty new to diy-audio and woodworking and I'm still learning. But I already built some speakers in the last weeks, so here they are :) :

A pair of wall speakers with VIFA 9 BN
vifantastisch-1_111631.jpg

vifantastisch-2_111635.jpg

A small set for my PC
ten-ore_111636.jpg

A pair of needles with Dayton RS100-4
needle-rs-fertig-2_108036.jpg

And a pair of Cyburgs Sticks :)
stick-fertig_111637.jpg

I hope the links work as I posted the pictures already on a german hifi-forum.

Hello to everyone,

I am pretty new to diy-audio and woodworking and I'm still learning. But I already built some speakers in the last weeks, so here they are :) :

A pair of needles with Dayton RS100-4
needle-rs-fertig-2_108036.jpg

How do you like the needles? I just ordered a set of the Dayton's for PC use. I'm going to build a small BR enclosure for them and really looking forward to them arriving later this week. Beautiful enclosures BTW!!

Scott

How do you like the needles? I just ordered a set of the Dayton's for PC use. I'm going to build a small BR enclosure for them and really looking forward to them arriving later this week. Beautiful enclosures BTW!!

Scott

I like the needles. They are good for everyday use. Actually I use them in my hobby room and they sound really good. Maybe you should have a look at this site:

Lautsprecherbau RS100 PC

This is a small BR enclosure for the RS100.

I checked out the site for the small BR enclosure; some have stated that slot ports are not the best design; although I have found them to work beautifully (and easier in the long run).

I enjoyed seeing your work – outstanding! Also ordering red dye for a pair of needles that will be finished soon.

Sachiko

Here's some pics of my Sachiko's. Unfotunately they have to sit in the corners, but I can pull them out if I want to REALLY listen to them. They've been in service for about 2 years, and are well broken in now! The Planet10 EnABLing is definitely worth it, fyi.

I recently finished a matching electronics cabinet to keep away little fingers. The 300B amp throws alot of heat, so I put a quiet fan in the back.

I also attached a pic showing a pair of Half Changs I built for a friend for his wedding.

Attachments

• DSCF1169 (Large).JPG
    DSCF1169 (Large).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 586
  • DSCF1170 (Large).JPG
    DSCF1170 (Large).JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 705
  • DSCF1171 (Large).JPG
    DSCF1171 (Large).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 590
  • Photo0006 (Large).jpg
    Photo0006 (Large).jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 702
Very nice (speakers and the cabinet)

nkolisnyk: very nice. The cabinet looks familiar. I think there was a similar one in a TAB book on hi-fi projects. (at least 30 years ago). That one incorporated a false back with huge ventilation holes, but it was suggested fans could be added as need be.

Are the half-Changs made of BB ? if not, what material? They look equally as good as the Sachikos. Nice wedding gift.

I have lived with the Jordan TL speakers for over 3 years. I considered them to be better than my 30year old BBC small monitor speakers. I decided to make the Pensils for my son with CHP-70 drivers. I completed them 9 days ago.

Compariing speakers is very subjective.

In comparison they initially sounded thinner - lacking the midrange of the TL. However as I have used them I have concluded that they are clearer than the TL which, although being fuller in the midrange, could be said to be muddy. I actually prefer them to the TLs.

I had intended to make another speaker using the Jordan drivers but found that they are not available. I understand that Lowther will be making them at some time. I then thought about making the Frugal Horn with the CHP-70 but thought that the Pensil would be easier and would take up less floor space.

If my son takes the Pensils I will probably make the Frugal Horn woth a CHP-70.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yep she's a beagle who doesn't seem to mind when I interrupt her sleep with music.

I made the cabinet of specific dimensions to meet my needs. The 300B amp is too wide for most cabinets (20"), and the 300disc CD transport is much too deep. Having room for LP's is a bonus!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
"Howard Castle" microTowers: My First DIY Project

I finally took a break from listening to them on the weekend and finished this project. Added the 1/4" plywood baffles to the front and top drivers and then stained them and put on two coats of satin. The look might not be everyone's cup of tea (my wife is still not sure about them, but my daughters think they are awesome), however I am sure everyone would agree that they sound simply incredible.

Thanks again to all who contributed to my success with this first project.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 1,844
  • IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 1,942
  • IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 2,088
  • IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,779
Last edited:
Odougbo's Micro Towers FX120(s)

Adding a couple of pics of a Micro Tower project; using an extra speaker(s) in the rear for additional bass, which there is plenty.
Many of the ideas were from the forum, (the 24 hot line).
Thanks folks, they sound great.
Speakers used 4 ~ FX 120(s)

Attachments

• Micro 2.JPG
    Micro 2.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 635
  • Miro Towers 1.JPG
    Miro Towers 1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 778