Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

BiB and can be beautiful...

Here are my latest additions, a pair of BiBs with Fostex 108 Sigma units. The overall height was increased to raise the units to listening heights. The units and spikes are not installed, that'll be done when I'm back from my travels. I did have occassion to listen to them before embarking on the paint-job. The sound: magic from the get-go, timbre and imaging is very impressive and the bass deepens with time (i.e. break-in). All in all a nice, simple, project that's well worth trying. They're made from 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch, sealed, primed and lacquered with numerous layers for a perfect reflection :D

Attachments

• DSC_0045small.JPG
    DSC_0045small.JPG
    963.5 KB · Views: 2,086
Here are my latest additions, a pair of BiBs with Fostex 108 Sigma units. The overall height was increased to raise the units to listening heights. The units and spikes are not installed, that'll be done when I'm back from my travels. I did have occassion to listen to them before embarking on the paint-job. The sound: magic from the get-go, timbre and imaging is very impressive and the bass deepens with time (i.e. break-in). All in all a nice, simple, project that's well worth trying. They're made from 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch, sealed, primed and lacquered with numerous layers for a perfect reflection :D

Wow, you sure went overboard on the primer coat. So what color are you gonna paint them? ;) Seriously, I'm not big on the color, I see that inside electric motors, but the execution of the finish is flawless. Nice job!

The sound: magic from the get-go, timbre and imaging is very impressive and the bass deepens with time (i.e. break-in). All in all a nice, simple, project that's well worth trying. They're made from 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch, sealed, primed and lacquered with numerous layers for a perfect reflection :D

cabinet looks fantastic!, like the feet and top and finish is top grade.

>>> Wow, you sure went overboard on the primer coat. So what color are you gonna paint them?

LOL. I saved your pic to my computer and named it Beautiful-BIB! They look fantastic! BTW, i think back to when Ed Schilling was selling off his remaining stock of 108 cheap to replace with the 126e... I should have bought the 108!!! Enjoy them!

Godzilla, thanks for the positive feedback. You've had a lot to do with the quality of the end-product; so a big "thank you" for that as well. They really do sound great, the more I listen(ed) to them - unfortunately I am now away from home for 4 months - the more I appreciate the design of the speaker and the quality of the 108's. I'm glad I wasn't aware of Ed's dealings, that could have cost me some serious money...
I've attached two detail photo of the feet, spikes will be added later, important to me as it was my first trial-run with a new router. The second photo shows a reflection of the wooden floor, not the speaker's wood-texture itself. Once I'm back home and have re-inserted the units, attached the grills and spikes I may place a few more photos here.
Thanks also to gychang and rcavictim for their (funny) comments. This really is a great forum and these speakers would not have been built without it.

Attachments

• DSC_0037small.JPG
    DSC_0037small.JPG
    726.5 KB · Views: 1,790
  • DSC_0050small.JPG
    DSC_0050small.JPG
    968.2 KB · Views: 1,564
Last edited:
Yet Rullknufs you care about how your amplifier looks...! :D

Ronmeister, kudos on the finish.

Yes, my amplifier looks insanely good. But the speakers don't, unfortunately :(

Well, i must say the red speakers above are really beautiful (although red is not my fav color). But it reminds me a little of the Focal Scala Grand Utopia i listened to which were red too :D

These are the CSS EL70 EnABLed drivers in the Frugel Horn Mk. III. Oak Veneer with Watco Fruitwood oil and hand rubbed wax. A big thanks goes to chrisb, planet10, Mark Audio, and CSS. Not sure if Scottmoose was involved in these or not but thank you if you were.

Lousy pic. I'll go take another.

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 2,143
I'm a bit baffled.....

This is a bit OT but since Cal brought it up, like wayyy up near the ceiling I just gotta ask, "Why do so many people hang their TV sets way up high on a wall like a picture where you have to squint to see that large hi resolution screen you just paid good money for and screw up your neck doing so?" :confused:

I got a 40" Samesong LCD HDTV set and parked it at 35" center screen from floor just across the coffee table from me parked on the couch in the sweet spot for the stereo system so I can see the beautiful thing up close in it's hi-def glory. At a distance of 5-1/2 feet it subtends an angle that is the same effect as a truly large screen in a theater. The set came without a stand so I fabricated one from the wheeled base of a swivel office chair.

You can sit really close to these newfangle HDTV's people. They look really good thanx to the high definition.

Connecting the TV stereo line level outputs to the vac toob and DIY speakers sound system is an awesome improvement over the small internal TV speakers. No brainer there.

We now return you to the regular program in progress. :hypno2:

"Why do so many people hang their TV sets way up high on a wall like a picture where you have to squint to see that large hi resolution screen you just paid good money for and screw up your neck doing so?" :confused:
That's in the bedroom at the end of the bed so the angle is perfect. Hard to see but it is tilted downward to the eye axis. No neck strain there. Quite the opposite.

I do the same thing in the livingroom. When sitting in the comfy chairs the angle is just perfect. No having to put your chair upright and look down at the TV. Perfectly aligned, no neck strain. Precisely the reason I hung them on the walls. :)

You can sit really close to these newfangle HDTV's people. They look really good thanx to the high definition.

Well, around here they give you 760 HD boxes so it's not that great up close. Besides when I get too close the the plasma TV in the livingroom, I begin to sweat. Those seem to give off a lot of heat. :)