Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Talking about Onken, I made new cabinets for my micro-Fonken, though I have used HiVi B3n (I think they are called) instead of the Fostex.
Great sounding speakers using such a small driver.

Made nu big fuzz getting the VERY best result, but aimed for something acceptable to go with my PC.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The bottles contain a home made Christmas vodka (saffron+lime), captain Morgan rhum, a bottle of Cachaca and finally a cannabis vodka obtainen in Estonia.

I thought the so called "husbehovsbränning" was removed a very long time ago, so home-made... Humm...

Cannabis vodka, sound illegal even though obtained in Estonia.

By the way, the finish seems to be not so good. I see small holes at the joints.

I thought the so called "husbehovsbränning" was removed a very long time ago, so home-made... Humm...

Cannabis vodka, sound illegal even though obtained in Estonia.

By the way, the finish seems to be not so good. I see small holes at the joints.

And you can see the wood telegraphing through the finish, and one vent has router-overrun, and there are divots!

AND, they look perfect for the job you're asking of them, who wants piano lacquered mpinga burl for the PC speakers, where you're going to set a can of soda?

:cool: Nice work

The holes at the joints were processed by running a V-router tip along them and then filling them with Putin ... putty I mean.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I really wasn't in a mood to spend to much time (over)doing them too much. After all, they will propably end up in the dark corner close to my computer and the flaws will not be seen.

The drivers were bought from a guy in a Swedish HiFi-forum just for fun and it took me a while to figure out how to use them. When I saw the various designs at the fONKEN site I decided to try the mu-fonken and that was a hit.

I am into next project. Ended up with two pairs of HiVi 2" drivers and again couldn't decide what to build. Then I saw this design:

Found a pair of dirt cheep heel and started to plan:

However, my wife confiscated the shoes and gave a pair of her old:

OT: Many years ago, before Sweden joined the European Community/Union, import of all alcohol >65% was strictly forbidden = smuggling of illegal drugs. Now our "smuggling rules" are adjusted to European rules which means all stuff sold (legally) in Europe is also allowed into Sweden. BTW, the Cannabis vodka doesn't taste very good ...:cannotbe:

Haven't neither soldered or screwed the drivers in place but this pair of speakers were made from a design I saw on the web and from one of Mrs K's old heels. As can be seen, I didn't overdo the paint job ...

Will set them up and see what they sound like this weekend. Drivers are HiVi 2" fullrange.

That would be how thick compared to it's red sibling!??:D
don

well that was just a half-asked joke, but thanks to all the information that fit to ignore (thanks Google ):

"Flaxen hair is the finest, from 1/1500 to 1/500 of an inch in diameter … and black hair is the coarsest, from 1/450 to 1/140 of an inch."

so red would be somewhere between flaxen blonde and "blueberry" blonde

but let's not loiter on this subject too long,

Another pair 127eN mets

Finally finished my mets. Annoyed dave with DIYers existential crisis questions. Put my very substandard woodworking skills to the test (yes these were taken with a cellphone and no, I'm not likely to take better ones for posting) but I'm pretty darn happy with the results.

Attachments

• metleft.jpg
    metleft.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,176
  • metright.jpg
    metright.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,167