Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Hey nebojsa, I find them somewhat better balanced than the 207e's which I thought were very mid-range forward. I ended up getting a graphic EQ and EQ'ed the current setup to a point where I feel they sound pretty good. Basically I rolled the midrange down a bit. I think the audio nirvana drivers get a bad rap. I enjoy them for general music and also use them while watching movies. The half-chang with an AN driver has plenty of bass, no sub needed.

Hey nebojsa, I find them somewhat better balanced than the 207e's which I thought were very mid-range forward. I ended up getting a graphic EQ and EQ'ed the current setup to a point where I feel they sound pretty good. Basically I rolled the midrange down a bit. I think the audio nirvana drivers get a bad rap. I enjoy them for general music and also use them while watching movies. The half-chang with an AN driver has plenty of bass, no sub needed.

how do you find the AN from upper mids (say 3K) on up - particularly off axis?

and how about toe-in ?

Full range?

MUJI Cardboard Speakers
Audio Archives | Travel Gadgets | Travelizmo
MUJI-Cardboard-Speakers.JPG

These MUJI Cardboard Speakers, $42.00, are made of cardboard and electronic components, lay flat in a clear plastic pouch and are easily assembled to plug into you music player of choice.

wow that looks great, what is the range on those, I have never seen a design like this, any more info?

Rex was a clever man, and used very simple designs.
A friend of mine meet him in person at the 70-ties
I got my hands on the drawings/design, where he used two tubes.
Column 1 - inner tube, sound wave travel to bottom, bouncing up again.
Column 2 - between inner and outer tube
Column 3 - outer tube

The length of the tubes make the sound travel in a parabolic horn in three steps
High efficiany and very fast sound, using old vintage paper cones with alnicos.

Regards
Pix
Sweden

^Beautiful design!^
I'm very interested in how you did the reflector on top.
And especially how well it is working and what kind of equalization you are using, if any, to account for the possible treble loss?
I've been tossing around a very similar idea for some time.

Hi
Well the tremble loss is a benefit using the Philips 7910 speakers
It has a increased hi-end, which need to be rolled of a bit
Best
Pix
Sweden

:D
I am happily posting these images of my first ever custom speaker build. Simple yet effective....Sadly a prebuilt crossover...I just don't understand the mechanics well enough....Until I build my new set of mains and use these as my rears. I am hoping to get insight and help from the experienced DIY'ers here.

Digression on improving these speakers split off to here :cop:

Attachments

• 2011-02-11 15.18.54.jpg
    2011-02-11 15.18.54.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 2,076
  • 2011-02-11 15.19.06.jpg
    2011-02-11 15.19.06.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 1,962
  • 2011-02-11 15.19.41.jpg
    2011-02-11 15.19.41.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 1,860
Your speakers look very good. However if not designed correctly crossovers can introduce problems.
I always use a full range single driver. In both of my loudspeakers I used the JX92S which I purchased directly from Mrs Jordan in Wales. http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/
You can see my transmission line speaker posted 3rd Jan 2008 which uses the same driver

Last edited: