p1010019.jpg

P1010016.jpg

p1010021.jpg

and?
the sound?
I've started my no baffle project too!
because of this!!

Awesome and good luck!!!!!

A few things all of which are my personal opinion..

I have sat down in front of half million dollar rigs that don't come anywhere close to giving the emotional connection that this implementation provides..

regardless of driver cost from lowther to feastrex, I do not believe a single driver can play 20-20 or 20-30 or 20-40 etc well.. it's all trade offs, and with every horn application I have heard, it's IMO tonality and emotion... sure I may have one driver with no xover in the signal path and have bass and treble extension and great attack but all at the cost of tonality and emotion..

needless to say that i am hooked and this isn't a gimmick :cool:

I use the foam for some (little but better than nothing) absorbing. I've put it only on the front wall as I am too lazy to attach it to the left and right walls where it will be most helpful in the early reflections.

Here is my main system (at home) ... the acoustic threatment and everything else is "work in progress".

Here I have Fostex Fe206eN (modded by planet10) in 208eZ horns, TNT Flexy rack, Apple mac mini with an external transport and DAC, early reflection absorbers and lots of bass traps (currently on the floor instead of on the ceiling so are not really visible in the pic).

I like the sound pretty much!
_MG_2018.JPG

Your woodwoork is lovely.
dave

Awww, you say the nicest things.....

it was a straight winisd thing....BR is not really my thing but I needed some nearfields for the studio........the predecessors were mackie 824s and tannoy reveals so they've got their work cut out if they want to avoid the skip(dumpster)......

its 10ltrs with 47x177 port and with the port open they are frightening(bad). With the port stuffed they are the equal of their predecessors(so far) but I will start measuring in earnest tomorrow.

Ed

Attachments

• a10-pair.jpg
    a10-pair.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 2,634
  • a10-single.jpg
    a10-single.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 2,583
I get it from the Apple Service boxes that i am reponsible for recycling. I usually use the waffle stuff for packing. There is some denser stuff in the same boxes that makes for good aperiodic port material.

dave

Ok, I should have been clearer. How can I obtain some for myself? In other words do you know where I can buy some?

Thanks...

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

its 10ltrs with 47x177 port and with the port open they are frightening(bad). With the port stuffed they are the equal of their predecessors(so far) but I will start measuring in earnest tomorrow.

Ed

Box is a tad small but try stuffing the ports with drinking straws cut to the same length of the port, This should add a bit more resistance and still keep the tuning. I've found little changes with the upper bass in this fix yet the lower registers seem to be much more controlled....