This is what I run them with....
The purest of the pure..
1 dissimilar Triode.
Class A
Single Ended
Single tube
12 components per channel.
1.5W
With nothing in the signal path, apart from the tube of course...

6EM7.
After you've listened to this, you'll never want anything else anymore...

Head,

You have done a superb job executing that amplifier IMO. I love the precisely fitted corner pieces on that wooden base.

Got a link to the new thread you started?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Re: 12" fullrange

Roemhild said:
right now we are building up a system with a 12" fullrange driver from Beyma

http://hornlautsprecher.de/treiber/beyma/12ga50.pdf

more details in the next days

Interesting...I have been looking at another 12" Beyma from Breitbandlautsprecher, 12AG100, probably an older model with no shortring, but looks smooth...and I have a wooferbox similar to yours, which will probably be mounted with an 99db 18" ... maybe I should forget the horn business fore a while...looking forward to your result :)

Re: Re: 12" fullrange

tinitus said:

Interesting...I have been looking at another 12" Beyma from Breitbandlautsprecher, 12AG100, probably an older model with no shortring, but looks smooth...and I have a wooferbox similar to yours, which will probably be mounted with an 99db 18" ... maybe I should forget the horn business fore a while...looking forward to your result :)

Hi Tinitus,

we have build the 12AG100 into a 100 - 110 ltr sealed volume. It is a beautiful fullrange driver.
The woofer is a 21" in a sealed 380-400 ltr volume. I can write more as soon I have got more experience with the driver.

regards Till

planet10 said:

Roemhild,

How well does that novel CD=holder act as acoustic treatment?

dave

Hi Dave,

I have got no idea. The speakers are in the living room at a friend of mine. We havent tired it without the CD-Holder because the weight is around 100kg.

best regards Till

Re: Di-pole front horns

cervelorider said:
Design originated here: http://timeandtubes.blogspot.com/
I built them this past weekend.
I used a Fostex 126E and run them without a crossover. Subs come in around 150hz and are connected to pre-outs. They are a di-pole design, so nothing is behind the driver. They sound very good.

really cool speaker. is the blog by membership only?

like to know more about this enclosure w/out joining another blog.