Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Aurasound NS3-194-8E and 4 ikea fiberfill staffed bowls
i've read somewhere that sphere is a worst shape for speaker cabinet's interior. maybe that's why frequency response is so rippled. though i've not measured it with high pass filter.

Attachments

• aura-ns194.jpg
    aura-ns194.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 6,052
Re: Re: My Sachiko horns

rcavictim said:

Nice! Is this a copy of Terry Cain`s stuff? I recall one of his top models looked much like this.

Where he here to address this question today, I'd not be surprised if TC acknowledged at least some of his inspiration came from previous art. And as GM has noted elsewhere, if you dig deeply enough, that heritage goes as far back as Olson, et al.

The Cain & Cain designs are only one of several current commercial products that bear superficial similarities to public domain or open-source published loudspeaker designs. Well informed intuition aside, conclusive determination of how close any of these are to each other would require acute forensic inspection (i.e. destructive analysis) , or access to the manufacturers' proprietary plans.

BTW, I've heard a pair of the Fostex 206ESR horns, and C&C Abby's in the same room. The horn is quite a stunning performer - even on the flea power of 45 Triode amp ( Welborne DRD)

My own design. The 'No-Name' horn. It uses the Fostex FF225K.

Horn length 2.65m
CC 7800 cm^2
Sd/St 4:1

Sm 165 cm^2 (550x300mm)

Second and third fold are two waveguides each that equal the required cross sectional area to maintain a 35Hz exponential flare. These are split off the first fold coming off the throat and then converge in the mouth cavity.

Sound better than my BK20's with the FE208 sigmas for what it is worth. I will be using TrueRTA shortly to measure response.

Attachments

• no-name-yet-horn.jpg
    no-name-yet-horn.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5,654
awhite1159 said:
My own design. The 'No-Name' horn. It uses the Fostex FF225K.

Horn length 2.65m
CC 7800 cm^2
Sd/St 4:1

Sm 165 cm^2 (550x300mm)

Second and third fold are two waveguides each that equal the required cross sectional area to maintain a 35Hz exponential flare. These are split off the first fold coming off the throat and then converge in the mouth cavity.

Sound better than my BK20's with the FE208 sigmas for what it is worth. I will be using TrueRTA shortly to measure response.

Love the `deco` look created by the general aspect ratio and the addition of the side panels that stick out the rear a bit. If you continue this theme all over the cabinet these could be stunning in natural dark veneer. Check out some mid/late 1930`s console radios from companies like Zenith for inspiration.

edjosh23 said:
Here is a peak at the other cabinets I've been working on. These still need more coats of poly, but i like the look so far.

Josh

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looks hot, but please, for the love of God, please change the screws to something black.

The cheap looking hardware is ruining what looks like very clean looking speakers.