Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

very nice micro-Towers. Love the colour of the finish. What is it?

chrisb and others: is clear poly suitable to use as an initial coat(s) so that semi transparent finishes could be used on BB? Rather than buying more "stuff", I'd like to use what I have up before buying something that I may have limited use for (grain sealer).

ovpopov65 and Winding Man: stunning...

Stewie: this would be one of many subjects about which I would be surprised to hear even rumors of consensus, and since I've never tried myself, it's conjecture on my part, but I'd imagine that would depend on the nature of the transparent finish to be applied over the poly clear coat

personally, I've never been a fan of any of the urethane color &/or top coat finishes I've tried or seen - and that's only been on veneers other than raw Baltic Birch - the latter which can look quite nice with a natural lacquer, shellac or varnish, but would probably still require more than a single coat for a smooth finish

My Half Chilli Chang modification.

Attachments

• SDC13037.jpg
    SDC13037.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 2,273
I realized I never posted pics of a small bookshelf speaker I built. These use the Dayton RS100-4 drivers ran full range off a little Lepai LP-2020A+ on my desk at work. They're great little speakers for this application and the rising top end actually works well giving the placement.

Attachments

• 1010010725.jpg
    1010010725.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 1010010726.jpg
    1010010726.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 611
  • 1010010726a.jpg
    1010010726a.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 495
chrisb, thanks for the comment...

just wondering. I hate buying stuff to end up with more "stuff". I absolutely love the very dark red/mahogany look of some finishes. I think if poly is used , the "blotchiness" of th BB can be reduced. My Dmetris have clear poly on them , and I do like them, but I've always had a desire for something similar in tone to my Oracle.

This is my version of som nice small speakers from Tekton. Neither the dimesions, driver, port or filter is the same, only the visual design:

Inspiration: http://www.tektondesign.com/Model31.html

My speakers with the nice and good sounding Tang Band 3" driver:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A simple baffelstep correction, 10 ohm and 1 mH: