Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

DSCF1568.jpg

Tang Band w8-1808
The open baffle is 5' tall made of 1/2" baltic 8 ply birch (2 hinges).
The panels are 12" wide center, 15" wide left, and 19" wide right.
Driver center is 37" off the floor (middle of tv).
Foam box around back side of the driver.
I also run a 12" woofer with an 80hz f-mod (rolls 6db/octave).
Without the woofer module, I consider it unlistenable (rolls at 200hz).

Norman

I spy an Altec 9440a. Awesome amp, wish I had kept mine. :cool:

I have one of those. Used it to drive four 421-8H-SII
15" woofers, one in each of four 816A cabs for about 300 Hz down. Works good.

This amp uses a DC voltage regulator circuit for the meter illumination lamps so that they won't brightness modulate to the music with the power bouncing and dipping on the mains circuit due to significant peak power draw from this powerful amp.

This amp uses a DC voltage regulator circuit for the meter illumination lamps so that they won't brightness modulate to the music with the power bouncing and dipping on the mains circuit due to significant peak power draw from this powerful amp.

please note the link in the auction to the user's guide that includes a schematic in the event an owner needs one.

Bastanis Prometheus review on 6moons.com
here is a link, look 1/2 way down the page.

6moons audio reviews: Bastanis Prometheus Mk.II

Norman

Speaking about Bastanis speakers on their website they actually have plans you can download for free so the DIYers are able to build the same exact 15" or 18" woofer non symmetrical w-frame dipole sub design they use in their Bastanis Mandala! You can download a 22 page PDF file of the plans for those subs here: http://www.bastanis.com/pdf/Mandala_cutting_plan.pdf The plans are quite complete and tell you pretty much exactly how to build their Mandala's w-frame dipole sub. You'll just have to decide which drivers you want to choose to use in your DIY version. What more can you ask?

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Zenith Boomcase

Technically full range...

Vintage Zenith service technician case with...

2x GRS 8FR-8
41hz Amp32-PS
~1.4Ah 12V SLA Battery
Alps RK097 pot w/ internal power switch

Sounds pretty good, little heavy on the bass and light on the upper treble, but exactly what I expected out of a 8" paper whizzer cone speaker. I just tweak the EQ a bit and am very happy with the results. Usually fed off a Sandisk Clip+ running RockBox, sometimes a fully rooted Nook Color w/ PowerAmp or streaming Pandora for a bit of variety.

Attachments

• Zenith Boomcase 1.jpg
    Zenith Boomcase 1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 1,938
  • Zenith Boomcase 2.jpg
    Zenith Boomcase 2.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,873
  • Zenith Boomcase 4.jpg
    Zenith Boomcase 4.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 1,760
Technically full range...

Vintage Zenith service technician case with...

2x GRS 8FR-8
41hz Amp32-PS
~1.4Ah 12V SLA Battery
Alps RK097 pot w/ internal power switch

Sounds pretty good, little heavy on the bass and light on the upper treble, but exactly what I expected out of a 8" paper whizzer cone speaker. I just tweak the EQ a bit and am very happy with the results. Usually fed off a Sandisk Clip+ running RockBox, sometimes a fully rooted Nook Color w/ PowerAmp or streaming Pandora for a bit of variety.

Hello Velmeran!

Those two GRS 8FR-8 drivers ---{did you check to see who their actual manufacturer is}--- would probably sound a whole heck of a lot better, and not so bass heavy or light on the upper treble extreme "if" you removed them from that box and placed them in cabinets that are better suited to their specific requirements!

Granted they probably wouldn't remain quite as easy to move around, but they'd sure sound better that way! Of course that's just one man's opinion and if you're very happy with the results you're obtaining from just tweaking the EQ a bit. Then you should just keep continuing doing, what you're doing!

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)