Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Here some pictures of my other small 5.0 HT system based on the Tangband W3-871s units.
(Lancetta HE in Cyburgh's Needle outfit and 2x CT209 / 1x CT209AL)

All filters applied are the same as the Lancetta High-End version.

All cabinets are increased in outher size for cosmetic resons.

The cabinets are made of 10mm thick MDF, finished with silver paint all arround.

The Needle's have a compartment at the bottom filled with the filter and sand.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Landroval said:
Why the W3-315SC for the center? To me it sounds clearly different than a W3-817S.

@ Landroval :

The W3-315SC sounds just a little bit different in the middle/high freq.

after an experiment with different units for the centre I found out
that in this configuration the W3-315SC sounds more open and
detailed .

Placed in the Needle the W3-315SC didn't sound that great, to
much, little agressive in the middle.

But for voices, comming over the centre unit it sounds quite perfect.

to Planet 10:

I listened to Tom Z's horn at Bob's the other day. I found them excellent in the upper range and they had fantastic lower bass. Amazing for that size of a speaker. After listening for a while, we did stuff the horn with some poly stuffing to eliminate the mid-bass honking. I wonder if you found the same problem? I also had to deal with the same problem with my Jordan transmission lines and also had to use stuffing in the vent to remove some of the mid-bass honking.

/Joe

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
JVA said:
I listened to Tom Z's horn at Bob's the other day. I found them excellent in the upper range and they had fantastic lower bass. Amazing for that size of a speaker. After listening for a while, we did stuff the horn with some poly stuffing to eliminate the mid-bass honking. I wonder if you found the same problem? I also had to deal with the same problem with my Jordan transmission lines and also had to use stuffing in the vent to remove some of the mid-bass honking.

Where did you put the polyfluff... the honk in the mids was the most objectionable issue (i still haven't heard the 2nd pair yet)

dave

Hi there.

I did Nagaoka D58-ES for front speakers and D37 for back speakers using FE208EZ + FT96H and FE168EZ :

Appart-2.jpg

http://satriany.free.fr/pages/enceintes/index.php

Greg.

Thanks but I did not spend some time to translate almost all my site in english to get that kind of comment ;) Just click the english flag :D
You can find some picture of the assembling there too.

I used Mr Nagaoka plans that you can find on some japanese sites or in his books available at Madisound.

The finish is two layer of Vernish, mahogany tree colour. I find this colour quite warm and beautiful, suits with my appartement.

Greg.

Hi,

I like more the D58 because they have deeper bass response and the FT96H is doing a good job. On the D37 I am only using a FE168EZ without a tweeter but I should put one to get clearer and better highest frequencies.
I am also powering the D58 with a Naim NAIT which is quite an excellent amp and only a T-amp for the D37.

But for a true full-range speaker, the D37 is quite amazing, you just enjoy the music.

I hope I answered you question, feel free to ask anything.

GreG.

Re: front view

doggy said:
Had these 16 ohm monarch 3-1/2",alnico,steel frame round holes in basket.... 12" wide X 30-1/2" high X6-1/4" deep; inside baffles are 4-3/16" wide....They don't go down to far but a very enjoyable and cohesive sound. ...

how low do they go. they look beautiful to me esp for such a small cabinet. maybe the 108 sigma's might offer an upgraded sound.

Hi guys,

Here is a quick pic of the Zigmahornets (with FE103E drivers) I recently put together.

Originally they were going to be light coloured so I put a maple veneer on them. We then decided to go with a mid tone so I applied a teak stain. Maple does not take stain well! Took much exta work to make them look good... The cabnets are made from 5/8" MDF. I routed a curve on the front two edges so I could wrap one piece of veneer around the front and sides. Plus it gives a nice smooth look...

Anyways this was the first time I had even done anything like this and enjoyed it very much. I discovered I really enjoy woodwork and have since bought a bunch of tools to help (mostly one tool - a Shopsmith).

I picked the Zigmahornet design since I figured it would look good with our new TV. They sound great as well, so now I am thinking of building new speakers for the theatre room! (Although a hushbox for my projector would be the best increase per dollar in sound performance :))

Maybe some Voigt Pipes for the theatre... I have a 14' ceiling in there so I can make some huge ones!!!

Thanks, James

fda810.jpg

Here is a picture of my speakers for front channels.

The bigger ones are my new fullrange speakers for stereo listening,Jordan jx92s in GM:s great mltl 48".The enclosures are my own design.
(the smaller 3 way speakers are for movies)

Attachments

• kaiuttimet pienennetty.jpg
    kaiuttimet pienennetty.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 14,382