Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Well, if I may, did you ever heard of Fertin Full Range drivers ?
There is a thread on them.

The last serie is surroundless with a clever system of carbon rods to center the diaphragm.

Comparing these drivers to conventional suspension speakers reveals how that surround affects the sound. It is a very intresting experience.

To day the best full range Fertin seems to be the 20EX M7 driver.
One should give them a listening.

They were on the Da Vinci stand at the CES of Las VegaS.

Hello Cherel!

Yes I have heard of but, never actually heard Fertin Full Range drivers. I find their surroundless drivers to be quite interesting in concept and really wished I had a chance to hear them.

I'm sure you're correct that comparing these drivers to conventional suspension speakers would reveal how the surround affects the sound. I'm curious if the Fertins are possibly capable of going out of alignment and how difficult it would be to realign them if they did.

Thetubeguy1954

Thetubeguy1954

I did not mean to imply the Beta's have problems. I said they represent a problem, well actually quite a few.

How does that sound come out of those speakers?

How does a speakers sold to kit builders in the 70's, pound speakers that cost thousands today?

When something sounds bad through them, its because its bad.

Those kind of problems.

I have a friend that owns a pair and his friends won't buy a piece of gear before they hear them through the Corals.

marc mc

Scottmoose/Planet10. I have some Lowther PM6C's which I picked up at a bargain price. I have tried these in the 206Sigma cabs and IMO they don't really work. Not enough bass.

I really like the look of spresto9's changs. Would these work with the Lowthers? If not which cab is likely to give the best performance?

Fostex 167e in a tapered line

Hello all...this is my lattest creation...fostex 167e in a tapered line enclosure.These sound very good without any break in,even in the bass.
audio053.jpg
[/IMG]

planet10 said:
Now those are really funky.

They are sorta like upside down Metronomes... did you model the quadratic taper?

dave

Thanks Dave...I didn't model the quadratic taper, just designed them by ear. Flipped around like a Metronome with the driver at the narrow end improved the imaging,but gave a leaner midbass...with the driver mounted on the wide end makes them sound more meaty in the mid bass.

doorman said:
Great job! They're a nice clean looking build.
I'm assuming they're veneer over ply/mdf?
(IIRC, there was a commercial offering that featured tapered cabinets. Castle maybe)
Don

Thanks Doorman,

They are made from 3/4" mdf with an oak veneer(the flash makes them look more cherry/orange)...I generally design using solid woods,but solid woods change shape too much,not allowing a truly uniform build.

They sound great. They were our first attempt at designing our own with hornresp and autocad. Their frequncey response is about 70hz-15khz and they are the most sensitive(efficient), dynamic, detailed, and just downright real sounding speakers I've ever heard. Checkout more pics and discription here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140838&highlight=