Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Here is the latest and best of my ideas. The AN super 8 in parallel with the Pyle PPA15 cut 6db at 250hz or so. The bottom PPA15 is seperately driven by the Audiosource ampsub 210 sub amp.

Attachments

• 000_0100.jpg
    000_0100.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 4,125
And the rear. These things have far more bass than I need and thanks to the PPA's 27 hz fs, they go as low as most of the subs I've owned.

Things left to do: finish the cabinets, have bud 'enable' the ANs, and cut about 6db or more off the ANs at 15khz - they are far too strong in this area.

Oh, also they are driven by a modified Denon PMA-S1. I continue to be thrilled by this amp. It's the last I'll ever own.

Attachments

• 000_0101.jpg
    000_0101.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 4,061
InclinedPlane said:
Oh, also they are driven by a modified Denon PMA-S1. I continue to be thrilled by this amp. It's the last I'll ever own.

forgive me, but if I had a nickel for every time I said that in the last 40yrs, I could afford a custom amp by Nelson Pass or Gary Pimm (and wouldn't need to heat my basement listening room during the winter months) :cannotbe:

Yes, I made these exactly to Bob's plans which are very thorough. The black baffles on the front are more for than just looks, they serve to double the thickness of the driver mount area. The cabinets are as solid as I've seen and weigh close to 70 pounds each. Thanks for the feedback, here's another picture:

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5,672
They are almost completed !

Started this project in September 2007 ... I wanted to build my 1st fullrange speakers in a BLH. Didn't want to try right away with Lowthers and tested the concept with the Fostex FE207E. I am preparing a blog with details on the project and will post the link when ready.
They are not perfect and there are many things I would do differently after this experience.
Timeline:
3 months of research for the design, drivers and material used.
8 months of work almost every Saturday (approx. 200 hours in my friend Bruno's shop).
Material:
- Fostex FE207E drivers
- Cardas binding posts
- 1" Russian Plywood for the sides
- 2 x 3/8" flexible plywood for the horn shape
- 1 gallon of glue (Titebond II)
- 3/8" F11 felt for the base top and bottom
- 6 tubes of Quickwood
- many many clamps :)

I still have to tune the compression chamber, but they sound very good already. More then enough bass :) They are connected to my Decware Taboo and it has no problem driving them.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6,132
Simple Design to start with..

Hello Guys,

Just recently joined in diyAudio.com after searching around where can I find a speaker design to start with. After looking through all these speaker construction design I come to think that I probably gone out for years .Hehehehehe. I really liked listening good music and haven't done any amp project yet due to budget constraints. After working with Telecommunication Projects overseas I managed to have enough funds to make simple STK-4221 Kit amp. What I had noticed that driving a 4 ohms load out from this amp,it doesn't last long and burn the IC. To make things worse,its hard to find original STK here in Philippines and just recently purchase one came from Australia. Hope this would work. Do i need to use an 8 ohms speaker for this amplifier? Is it really true driving a 4 ohms load will kill the STK IC?

I am planning to construct a simple speaker system but don't have an idea how to construct one. Could you guys give me some simple guide? Say for a 12" 150W woofer and tweeter etc?As a crossover network necessary for a speaker system?

Thanks,

Mozart
Telecom Engineer
Zamboanga,Philippines

Re: Sanyo "103" FR's

Brisso57 said:

Here are my "fish" ...

... and here they are "frying"!

Actually, this was just a quick'n'dirty OB mount.
Impressions?
Very positive. I was staggered by the amount of clean bass (for their size!), though they don't really have top-end sparkle.
On the weekend I'm going to try adding an Apex Jr tweeter with a series cap.

Ultimately, they are destined for (unless I'm talked out of it) BD Pipes.

cheers

Doug

Attachments

• 103sinob.jpg
    103sinob.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5,090
Re: Re: Sanyo "103" FR's

Brisso57 said:

... and here they are "frying"!

Actually, this was just a quick'n'dirty OB mount.
Impressions?
Very positive. I was staggered by the amount of clean bass (for their size!), though they don't really have top-end sparkle.
On the weekend I'm going to try adding an Apex Jr tweeter with a series cap.

Ultimately, they are destined for (unless I'm talked out of it) BD Pipes.

cheers

Doug

you might find a vintage 1.5 - 2" alnico magnet paper cone tweeter gives you more tonally consistent performance with these particular drivers than any from Apex Jr.

http://www.t-linespeakers.org/FALL/bd-pipes.html

My personal favorite from this bunch was the cherry/brown veneered pair with the Foster 103A and paper cone tweeters