Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

My pal Mauro's new drivers: so beautiful!! 😍

IMG-20220510-WA0073-01.jpeg

IMG-20220510-WA0074-01.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
yes, they are great!

even with latest increase in price, Sonido is having great bang for the buck ratio
Let me disagree with you. Starting at 8 inches, Sonido's round drivers suffer from insufficient rigidity. This is manifested in the dirt and distortion that is heard.
But these shortcomings are devoid of an oval speaker, which is really outstanding in sound considering the price.

My first taste of OB and full-range… I was informed that everyone should try it. Slapped together a 24mm solid timber baffle, with spare sandbags holding down the rear leg. Lyeco 8” drivers.

Droven by a Bakoon current drive amp, where Nelson Pass’ paper on the current drive and high sensitivity lowthers/fostex was the initial push for trying a FR.

I had plans for an aperiodic enclosure, but since moving I don’t have access to any form of workshop at present (and local hardware workshop dashed any plans for a more involved enclosure).

I must say, they seem very well suited to my modest room and music listening habits. 😁

Next will be finding a driver with an even larger magnet… 🤔

B4D01CDE-EAF2-4195-AC70-2EA092D0A340.jpeg

pensils running in...Lenny "Old Ideas"....nearly there :) .... then some serious cabinet finishing ...internal holey brace and veneering.
Small dog approval rated...;-)

Attachments

• temporary.JPG
    temporary.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 197
  • _IGP2488-1024x1024.JPG
    _IGP2488-1024x1024.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 190
  • _IGP2489.JPG
    _IGP2489.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I have tried to build my final speakers. Well we will see how long I will keep them.

The construktion is for the Fostex FX200. The faceplate is to absorb a peek at 8 kHz. There are no filters or passive components between the speaker and the amp.

cya Till
Is it still with you? Did you get good sound as they say full tones are most suitable for closed enclosures, and you've really large vent?

(continued)
Intended for listening to classic music, design was bounded by the following requirement:
Speakers to be located in the living room, at two specific room corners (limited foot-print, optically shy, as much non-directional as possible).
See next
George
Hello George, after all these years do you still have them? With any modifications maybe? I 'll check this threads later on.