Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

I almost give up on AudioNirvana Classic 8 in BR cabinet 2.8 style. listening to the album of "Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to the King" is so painful to my ear. while listening this album on my Open Baffle or Senn HD650 is very enjoyable

but last week i found a post which i did not save the link but the picture layout, trace AN response curve and implement it on XSim. and the result is very good, it increase bass and reduce mid high spl, more balance sound.

i tested the circuit on the floor and just finished solder it ptp and plywood. really enjoyable AN now

Attachments

• P_20210701_195651_1.jpg
    P_20210701_195651_1.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 1,601
  • IMG_20210701_202141.jpg
    IMG_20210701_202141.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 1,567
  • P_20210627_073443_1.jpg
    P_20210627_073443_1.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 1,538
the new Fullrange audio lines Silver 8 that have taken the place of the fast 8 always there
They are very attractive speakers. Have you got used to the new drivers?

I have recently got into FR drivers and have the Hemp 8FR BR and now a SEAS Exotic IB. Both are great to listen to. I did not know of the Silver 8 - that looks very interesting but I have seen no real data on it.

My MJK 18" H frame OBs

My MJK 18" H frame with Pluvia 7 on a reinforced 20 X 20" OB. (The other speaker is similar, only mirror image)

Since I listen at much lesser than concert levels, I run the Pluvia's FR and cross the H frame around 100 Hz. Standup bass sounds natural and those two 18"s motion are barely detectable to a finger touch on the cone. I imagine the VC is in a pretty linear portion of the magnet gap at a micrometer level displacement! Wanna talk effortless?

I just love the FR OB sound, with these built I'll probably never have an enclosed box type speaker again. I've a number of drivers to play with on the OB panel; should keep me busy for a while.

I know they're big for a bedroom; I sold them to my wife on the caveat that we could put a board atop the two H frames and use the assembly for a table to start her plants in front of the window. That positioning will wreck the bass, but I can live with it for a few months... The OBs will sit atop a couple of oak stools.

All in all quite pleased with the sound. BIB!

Attachments

• DSC02894.JPG
    DSC02894.JPG
    609 KB · Views: 884
  • DSC02886.jpg
    DSC02886.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
i recently acquired these pensils with alpair 10p on them. i believe the builder is also a member here. when i got them the paper have been heavily stained so dyed them with diluted india ink. i also made the grills to protect them from cone pokers and the base with spikes to bring them to my preferred height.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

thank you for fixing the photos Dave =) i couldnt hear a difference honestly. but im pretty pleased with how they turned out cosmetically. I Cant believe how good sounding these drivers are. very balance sounding drivers and with Pensils the bass is more than adequate =) @Scottmoose your design rocks!

Reactions: 1 user
@Peppenino its a touch monitor yes =) JRiver's theater view works flawlessly with touch monitors, @perplexed1ne. thank you! yes my room is almost bare asside from the curtains. i tend to procrastinate when it comes to making SAPs but i recognized that i need some room treatments and i would someday make some but. its hard to do anything when your system is in another house in another city..@zman i love daft punk! too bad they have decided to quit. they can but only at certain level.anway, thank you all for appreciating my posts here =)

i do really like them =)they are my main speakers for now until i get my Sansui F-10 fixed =) anyway, im driving them with yuan jing black board tpa 3116 directly connected to SMSL SU 8 DAC which has volume control.

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 682
  • amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 674
  • amp3.jpg
    amp3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 666