Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

My speakers are coming along. I am testing the number of ports I intend to use. Either one or three or even two. The demo I posted below is just a prototype front cover made with cheap plywood. The sides and back are the real wood which is Baltic birchwood.

I haven't sealed the top or bottom as of yet. Here is a sound sample. What do you folks think? by the way, the bass is much deeper than what you can hear in the video.

YouTube

Congrats beautiful build, love it and even on youtube the sound is fantastically good, that is a Sonido driver, right? What I suggest is to check the beaming problem on the high freq. and if this is the case you can consider to add on the top of the speaker an external twitter with simply a capacitor, in my case this solution worked very well.....all the best and enjoy the music :)

Congrats beautiful build, love it and even on youtube the sound is fantastically good, that is a Sonido driver, right? What I suggest is to check the beaming problem on the high freq. and if this is the case you can consider to add on the top of the speaker an external twitter with simply a capacitor, in my case this solution worked very well.....all the best and enjoy the music :)

Thank you. It's not Sonido, it's Lii Audio Fast 10. The beaming sound probably has to do with something on my phone because we did not hear it in person. And when I get the ZROCK II the sound will probably be altered a bit: DECWARE Vacuum tube Bass restoration EQ
Thank you for the tip though, I appreciate the information.

Listening to the link I posted through my headphones, I hear the beaming you are talking about. Interesting we couldn't hear it in person. My old ears.

My latest project with Fane 12-250TC full range

Attachments

• IMG_0072 edit.JPG
    IMG_0072 edit.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 1,595
Joined 2011
Paid Member
>rant'A YouTube video is contaminated by too much other stuff in the way that you will learn little listening this way. Th esonics are next to useless and the visuals are typically not near as good as pictures.</rant>

dave

While I totally understand your sentiment...

Good speakers, recorded very well, will sound "OK" on youtube.

Crap speakers, recorded very well, will sound crappy on youtube.

Some of us understand these limitations and like to see/hear speakers on youtube anyway.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Maybe in a very broad sense, but nort sufficiently to make a realworld conclusion. You are also listening to the room, the amp, the soyrce, the microphone, heavy compression and then convolved by your amplifier & speaker. Too much other stuff to make a definitibve conclusion.

I have heard crap speakers sound passable as the rough edges are smoothed over, and good speakers osund crappy becaudse all the other syuff is crappy.

Perhaps a bit like trying to tell how good a car is from only knowing its colour.

dave

Nice build. Can you put it on YouTube so we can hear it play?

Hi thanks they are a bit rough but first time doing a real paint job at all. Last project with Fane 15” was similar but with transparent oil only. Projects before that was never finished really, just black MDF which I don’t like the looks of at all. If I improve my carpentry skills I might invest more in DIY designs as well as I’m not happy with what the HiFi shops provide today, I’m somewhere between PA and vintage HiFi not skinny towers with weak dynamics. So the Fanes are cool in that way.

I don’t have a google account and I don’t plan to make one either so sorry no video, besides as mentioned you would only really be listening to the room and the badly location phone mic. This room is not optimal at all but I’ve learned that bigger bass drivers resonate less with the room probably because they have a lower resonance frequency. Small speakers sounds absolute terrible here so that’s why I wanted to make these monitor inspired speakers. Inspiration from Klipsch Heresy JBL 431x/L100 and Tannoy Little Red/Gold I’m gonna build a few more of same size but two way coax and three way horn. I find full range fun but the compromises are too big really. These will probably end up in the cabin.

finally i finish this subwoofer box.it was made by plywood 19mm,wood glue and wood screws,corners i filled with some glue and put cotton only on top and back side,has you can see the port out is not to big.I am sure that this box is strong. i replace 25w 8 ohm woofer from some home theater to this box and i am satisfied.home theater absorbe boomie bass which i didnt like and now i got little sealed bass.i know 25w are not big speaker but i am satisfied with my work. betwen i can make bigger hole for bigger woofer:D

Attachments

• DSC_1196.JPG
    DSC_1196.JPG
    816.5 KB · Views: 1,669
  • DSC_1199.JPG
    DSC_1199.JPG
    610.4 KB · Views: 1,603
Hi there !

I have the same driver . What s your other driver(s) if any ? I want 2 ( or 2.5 way if you like )way with 2 Beyma SM 115/N per side , no TW .

at the moment there playing in an open baffle with Coral Beta II in basreflex-boxes. the Corals are playing up to 140 Hz and Supravox are playing from 140 Hz and beyond. Second order filter for the Corals and first order (electrical) + baffle step for the Supravox. Sounds really good :)