Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

I have been looking forward to posting my own project here for quite some time, it's now finally ready.

Alpair 10.3 in sealed top parts + active bass reflex bottom parts with Ground Zero 250X 10" drivers.

-5db notch filter between 5-15kHz

Goes down to 15hz -3db.

Birch ply with Black 2.0 surface coat on sides.

Attachments

• 20191031_093658.jpg
    20191031_093658.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 20191031_093728.jpg
    20191031_093728.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 1,132
  • 20191031_093746.jpg
    20191031_093746.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 1,114
I have been looking forward to posting my own project here for quite some time, it's now finally ready.

Alpair 10.3 in sealed top parts + active bass reflex bottom parts with Ground Zero 250X 10" drivers.

Goes down to 15hz -3db.

Very nice build and I like the idea to make two separate part in the same enclosure, my I ask you where is the bass reflex port I cannot see it on the picture. You said that is an active sub, did you put the amp inside the enclosure or is outside? ......enjoy the music :)

Goes down to 15hz -3db.

Very nice. I've had the same idea of incorporating a separate bass bin into a full range speaker of some kind. Still thinking about it though. No movement to complete anything yet. Thx for posting this!

Very nice build and I like the idea to make two separate part in the same enclosure, my I ask you where is the bass reflex port I cannot see it on the picture. You said that is an active sub, did you put the amp inside the enclosure or is outside? ......enjoy the music :)

Thanks!

It's ported at the back with a 90 degree bent tube, just barely fit inside, tuning around 18hz. The backside also houses separate plate amps per speaker, one Hypex and one Monacor.

I think they are a nice balance - can play music really beautifully but also shake the house if needed!

My design is slowly coming together. As I take breaks with the novel I'm writing, my speaker design becomes clearer. Last night I mounted the driers and tested them without the fiber stuffing and without the top and bottom glued on. The front that I have right now it just to test the design and ports.. But these speaker sound awesome. I believe once I get the fiber stuffing In I will get more bass. As is, I took it to my friends high-end home audio shop and used the same equipment that he uses to power his 10K dollar B&W's and I will tell you right now the only thing lacking is the deep bass. Mids and highs sound better than the B&W and this was according to him. Again, once I complete this speaker I know there will be more bass. Probably not as much as the B&W but I will be fine with that.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1319201569.jpg
    Snapchat-1319201569.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 1,144
My design is slowly coming together. As I take breaks with the novel I'm writing, my speaker design becomes clearer. Last night I mounted the driers and tested them without the fiber stuffing and without the top and bottom glued on. The front that I have right now it just to test the design and ports.. But these speaker sound awesome. I believe once I get the fiber stuffing In I will get more bass. As is, I took it to my friends high-end home audio shop and used the same equipment that he uses to power his 10K dollar B&W's and I will tell you right now the only thing lacking is the deep bass. Mids and highs sound better than the B&W and this was according to him. Again, once I complete this speaker I know there will be more bass. Probably not as much as the B&W but I will be fine with that.

stefano rancati's design right? dude is a genius and very humble.

stefano rancati's design right? dude is a genius and very humble.

Nope, my own design. I thought it out in my head. I wanted something different...not the tall rectangular box most folks build. I wanted something curvy. I decided to go with curved sides. That's the only thing different with my speakers compared to the regular speakers. Oh... and my TLC that has been added.

Nope, my own design. I thought it out in my head. I wanted something different...not the tall rectangular box most folks build. I wanted something curvy. I decided to go with curved sides. That's the only thing different with my speakers compared to the regular speakers. Oh... and my TLC that has been added.

Very nice build, probably the lacking of low freq is because you choose to make your own build enclosure without taking in account the driver specs, just check the driver specs and looks like would be good for a back horn enclosure, other thing, just personal, I would never considerate to buy a full range driver from a company founded just 3 years ago, but as I said that is just my own opinion, the driver looks great and if sound also great that's it you enjoy the music....all the best

Very nice build, probably the lacking of low freq is because you choose to make your own build enclosure without taking in account the driver specs, just check the driver specs and looks like would be good for a back horn enclosure, other thing, just personal, I would never considerate to buy a full range driver from a company founded just 3 years ago, but as I said that is just my own opinion, the driver looks great and if sound also great that's it you enjoy the music....all the best

Thanks for the comment, much appreciated. It doesn’t “Lack” in low frequency. I stated that it’snot as much bass as the B&W 800 3D. I also indicated it’s not complete. Iam about 70% complete with the enclosure build. Once I glue and staple the topand bottom, add in R11, R12, or R13 fiberglass insulation (2 ½ -3 ½ inchesthick), and get the port sizes right, the bass will be much deeper. With myspeaker being about 70% complete the bass fq was about 2 notches higher thanthe B&W.

I don’t really need a lot of bass because my music ofchoice is Jazz and blues. If I really need bass that bad, I can buy a poweredsub. Coming to think about it, my buddy who runs owns the high-end shop indicatedeven the B&W needed a power sub for more bass.

For a driver, which cost $450, I don’t mind trying thecompany out if it’s less than 5 years old. Especially after reading tons ofreviews on the driver and the driver line being carried by Decware Audio intheir Besty design.

When I’m done with the veneering, applying 5 coats ofvarnish and 5 layers of polyurethane clear coats, the bass will be nice anddeep.