Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Here is what I'm currently listening to at the moment.These are Fostex Fe126e based OB and I must say the overall sound is better than any box I tried them in so far.What I really like is the 3- D sound stage you get from OB and the the phase correct bass reproduction.In my small room bass is good enough to not need a sub for my musical tastes.
IMGDEAD]

Singular from BD design

Singular2.jpg

Quote from BD design site:
"The basic design for the SINGULAR was initiated by Onur Ilkorur. The SINGULAR is not a bass reflex design, which is only efficient for only half an octave. It is not a transmission line needing a lot of damping material to tame resonances. Neither is it a TQWP or ML-TQWP. Instead, it is a combination of all these loading systems, resulting in a wide-band resonator effective from 40Hz to 250Hz."

felixx said:
Nice design but.........be honest.....what is the lowest freqvency in large terms (+/_ 3db) who can achieve?
I ask that because is very hard to not need another aditional woofer to have a good and nice reponce ...you know...the real full range.
Thx.

Bass is quite good, not measured, but I trust BD specs. I experienced best results with at least 50w power amp, while with a low power amp these speakers sound too brite with lack of bass, even if FE206E is rated 96dB.

Enclosure inside from http://www.woebking.net/cms/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=43&g2_itemId=1850

Inside.jpg

Front view, showing enlarged tweeter cone with foam damping ring to reduce edge resonance, and 3" dust cap. Cloth surrounds treated with bitumous "stuff" I treated the cones, as advised by Norm.

The mods were carried out 27 years ago, by Norm Edge, Melbourne Australia. Including 8 ohm vc. and spider. They are now 40 years old.

Still working extreamly well.
Mounted on a test baffle/ corner enclosure.

Attachments

• s10rsdd-f.jpg
    s10rsdd-f.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3,363
err, yeah, they are a bit rough n ready. They were in cupboards for about 15 years, I was in a hurry to make some nice sounds. And my new landlady said I could play my records as loud as I like!

They should really be in 3.5 cub ft enclosures, or TLs, which is where they look like heading, once I learn a bit more about them.

On that, Wharfedales should be mounted on the rear, unless you want to machine the baffle to suit, or as I have on my other set, 1/4 lb of silastic! The rear of the rim is not flush. That's why they have the green felt gasket on the front.

Has anyone tried these in QWTLs?

My other pair are 64's, like yours. My Father bought them, I scrounged them of him when he went B&O. They then went into new cabinets and presented to my mother in law. When I realised what I had done, I went out and hunted down a pair for me. The Alincos became my daughters when MIL passed away, now I have them back.

There have been many other drivers come and go, including Richard Allen, Philips, Peerless, Foster, Altec Lansing, but still have the Wharfies (and some 411-8As that need foam)

I never thought of them as being pretty, the alincos are I spose.

edit: Have you ever weighed them? I know many people say the Alnico's sound better (not just Wharfedales either). They both have 16000 lines in the gap. I think mass may come into it. I never a-b ed mine before the mods.