Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Hi
Just => o_O
Is its sound good?
Why you dont used some bigger speakers instead of 25 little speakers? Is this 25 speakers better?
These speakers are the best I have ever had and among the best I have ever heard and I have hear quite a lot as I have been attending CES for a couple of years in the early 00´s. They need to be equalized. Try to google Roger Russel IDS25. You will get an idea of witch league they are in...
You get problems with bigger drivers as the center to center distance becomes too big, so the drivers can´t blend seamlessly @ high frequencies.
The combined membrane areal of 25 3,5" is the same as one 17,5" driver :p

Basic yet brilliant, golden ratio Alpairs 7. My first build, grey oak veneered desktop speakers. Love the sound BTW.

Attachments

• fef194d7-860b-4c09-826a-71314f3fd789.jpg
    fef194d7-860b-4c09-826a-71314f3fd789.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1,895
These speakers are the best I have ever had and among the best I have ever heard and I have hear quite a lot as I have been attending CES for a couple of years in the early 00´s. They need to be equalized. Try to google Roger Russel IDS25. You will get an idea of witch league they are in...
You get problems with bigger drivers as the center to center distance becomes too big, so the drivers can´t blend seamlessly @ high frequencies.
The combined membrane areal of 25 3,5" is the same as one 17,5" driver :p

so basically the same concept as stacking bose 901 speakers?

Hi Steve - How are the Fanes holding up over the long haul?

I've got a pair on the way and plan to try them in a pair of JE Labs OBs I've got that take 12" drivers.

Has anyone else tried the Fane Sovereign 12-250 TC in an OB?

Hi, have not dropped in on this thread for a while, but the Fanes are holding up very well. They have become an integral and familiar part of my particular audio soundscape. They play music, purely and simply. To my ears they get on with the job with no fuss, favoring no one genre over any other. They work equally well with both my low powered SE tube amp, and my 60W solid state power amp. I can't now, imagine audio life without them.

In hi-fi terms, as they have loosened up over the four months they have been in the system, the bass has become a bit more extended.

Being a high efficiency driver, fitted into what I would term a reasonably sized 80 Litre sealed cab, they are never going to generate room-shaking LF, but cabs against the wall, bass is even, tight, detailed and completely free of any kind of murk or boom.

The overall presentation is rich, dynamic, forward of the speakers, but never too 'in your face' shrill or nasty. They tend to tell you what's right about your music, rather than throwing faults into your lap. As such they are very easy to live with and provide a sympathetic window into your music collection.

I've not heard them in baffles, but one or two people I've spoken to are considering building baffles for them.

Last edited:
Its a long time since I posted here, but here are my current office system speakers. Jordan Eikona in original Blue Room Minipod cabinets. Amazingly they fit perfectly with no mods needed! So obviously the tweeter has been blanked off and the port too, so they are now sealed and roll off at around 70hz. Perfectly low enough to get good integration with a BK subwoofer. I tried a few small cabinets for the Eikona's but these sound the best, the shape certainly helps, very low baffle defraction effects, and also breaking up standing waves internally, aided by the damping material too. These are great wide range drivers, very transparent, clean, clear and work very well in the near field, about 3 feet away currently!

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4653a.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

little speakers, equalization???

Yes, both topologies use lots of small drivers with different degrees of Eq, but I think the line array vs Dr Bose’s splashing 8/9ths of the sound off the back and side walls are radically different approaches to dispersion.
I’d used stacked pairs of 901s powered by Crown DC 300 or BGW500 amps as dance party systems “back in the day” and they could definitely play louder than safe, but were not refined, nor had any of the imaging specificity for which I’d be looking.

Yes, both topologies use lots of small drivers with different degrees of Eq, but I think the line array vs Dr Bose’s splashing 8/9ths of the sound off the back and side walls are radically different approaches to dispersion.
I’d used stacked pairs of 901s powered by Crown DC 300 or BGW500 amps as dance party systems “back in the day” and they could definitely play louder than safe, but were not refined, nor had any of the imaging specificity for which I’d be looking.

if i wasn't moving toward wall mounted systems (off the floor) i'd go with one of the PE systems by DB Keele or something like it from Visaton.

Thanks for the kind words tubeguy

You're quite welcome Poultry!

I try to keep my words to nice comments about a product or say nothing at all!

I'm listening to Portraits Of Cuba by Paquito D'Rivera

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society -- Full-range/Wide-range Drivers -- Front & Back-Loaded Horns -- High Sensitivity Speakers

==============================================