Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

My first DIY Open-Baffle project as second main system temporary in parents' living room..,would be soon put together in my stereo room with JMR speaker...

HQUOvk.jpg

I'll have to drop by your place next time I go around Tainan! :)

You got nice parents! Mine would've said: "Could you clean up all your junk in the living room before dinner, please?"

And I know my wife would've thrown a tantrum if she had seen the living room like that! :)

Can't wait to see what you will end up with for the very low end of the spectrum! :)

I'll have to drop by your place next time I go around Tainan! :)

You got nice parents! Mine would've said: "Could you clean up all your junk in the living room before dinner, please?"

And I know my wife would've thrown a tantrum if she had seen the living room like that! :)

Can't wait to see what you will end up with for the very low end of the spectrum! :)
It will be my pleasure to receive you as a guest if you have the opportunity drop by Tainan city~~~

Fortunately this moment of my early 30s in my life currently no girlfriends!neither pets nor kids..,haha...

Or sooner me the person who supposed to be clean up..,neither the creations of my pity little junk nor the records everywhere on the ground...

Last edited:
The latest from my laboratory

While not technically "Full Range" I am using Dayton PS220-8 drivers to fill in the upper frequencies while I finish the horn section of the Dreadnought speaker project. I am pleased with the sound of these speakers (with the help of miniDSP), however I will be completing the synergy horn section, TBD.

Regards,
Nate

Attachments

• IMG_20170528_172719.jpg
    IMG_20170528_172719.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 1,868
  • IMG_20170528_172651.jpg
    IMG_20170528_172651.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 1,820
Joined 2017
Paid Member
nScan-Ken

I built these as part of my traveling rig so I didn't have to listen to family's "bluetooth" speakers.
1/2" baltic birch with 1/2" wool felt. Epoxy coated and sprayed with acrylic urethane.
I was a little confused when I ordered the drivers and bought the Scanspeak 10F/8414G full range. I believe Dave designed the speakers with the 10F/8424G mid range, hopefully I didn't compromise the performance too much making the substitution.
For the time being I'll be using them with a Lepai t-amp and Blackberry Music Gateway bluetooth. (Any recommendations for a small diy chip amp are welcome). I don't have many hours on them but am very pleased with the sound so far.
Now back to building my FHXLs!

Attachments

• 0624171726b_HDR.jpg
    0624171726b_HDR.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 2,007
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
… bought the Scanspeak 10F/8414G full range… Dave designed the speakers with the 10F/8424G mid range ...

Yes, althou the 2nd is also described as a FR. The driver you got is closer to FR and it’s likely do a bit bigger box for it (IIRC)

What is important is that they seem to be serving your purpose.

dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I built these as part of my traveling rig so I didn't have to listen to family's "bluetooth" speakers.
1/2" baltic birch with 1/2" wool felt. Epoxy coated and sprayed with acrylic urethane.
I was a little confused when I ordered the drivers and bought the Scanspeak 10F/8414G full range. I believe Dave designed the speakers with the 10F/8424G mid range, hopefully I didn't compromise the performance too much making the substitution.
For the time being I'll be using them with a Lepai t-amp and Blackberry Music Gateway bluetooth. (Any recommendations for a small diy chip amp are welcome). I don't have many hours on them but am very pleased with the sound so far.
Now back to building my FHXLs!

So cute!

Here's some pics of a friends Vulcan cabs with P-10 modded fe206en drivers. He had them made by a cabinet builder in the Toronto area. He says they sound fantastic and is very happy with them. Lookin good!

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_0327.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0327.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,515
  • thumbnail_DSC_0328.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0328.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,409
  • thumbnail_DSC_0329.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0329.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • Vulcan.jpg
    Vulcan.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,365
Here's some pics of a friends Vulcan cabs with P-10 modded fe206en drivers. He had them made by a cabinet builder in the Toronto area. He says they sound fantastic and is very happy with them. Lookin good!

Came to think about Sonido Aion, same size but different design. A guy just 15 miles from me built a pair of Aions but we never met so I missed the chance of listening to them:mad:.
AION