Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

FH XL's in the theater room, still under renovation.
IMG_20170308_165006.jpg

Home system:

Alpair 7.3 Bi-pole MLTL towers
Center and surrounds are Alpair 7.3 sealed
Subs are Seas L26ROY with passive radiator crossed at 120hz

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 1,594
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    975.3 KB · Views: 1,575
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 1,526
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 525
Pretty much done with these TABAQs.

Enclosure is made of plywood and "veneered" with 6mm Onyx stone. It is a stone showing a lot of crystal texture. Very 3D.

Because we are able to cut the stone as thin as 6mm, these only weigh 10kg each. So, still has some heft, but nothing to break your back, or your floor!

Partnered with the TB W4-1052SD on a wood baffle, the bass is very tight, but not much output over 15kHz. Makes for a very relaxed and pleasing sound. Small EQ boost at 150Hz, and cut at 3500Hz.

Very pleased with the outcome. I think there will be more using this construction!

Attachments

• share1.jpg
    share1.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 2,183
  • share2.jpg
    share2.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 2,122
  • share3.jpg
    share3.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 2,030
  • share4.jpg
    share4.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 1,938
Pretty much done with these TABAQs.

Enclosure is made of plywood and "veneered" with 6mm Onyx stone. It is a stone showing a lot of crystal texture. Very 3D.

Because we are able to cut the stone as thin as 6mm, these only weigh 10kg each. So, still has some heft, but nothing to break your back, or your floor!

Partnered with the TB W4-1052SD on a wood baffle, the bass is very tight, but not much output over 15kHz. Makes for a very relaxed and pleasing sound. Small EQ boost at 150Hz, and cut at 3500Hz.

Very pleased with the outcome. I think there will be more using this construction!

It would be interesting to have stone on all sides. There is nothing wrong with squeezing the dimensions of the speaker a bit and putting the driver hole in the wide side. That way you'd have enough strength still in the cutout area.

It would be interesting to have stone on all sides. There is nothing wrong with squeezing the dimensions of the speaker a bit and putting the driver hole in the wide side. That way you'd have enough strength still in the cutout area.

True,

this was a test for the factory to see what kind of job they could do. Next up would be to cover all sides with stone. And OB! :)

Bonjour, hello and xin chao.
I am a French Canadian from Montreal, Quebec
living and doing business with my genuine Vietnamese wife
in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) Vietnam for more than 20 years.
I've been interested in audio stuff since the age of 18.
I have now too much audio stuff (TT amps, speakers, CDP, etc...)
but I have decided at 69 that it's now enough.
My 69 years old ears cannot appreciate any sound improvements
so I keep what I have.
I will go digital, meaning that all my LP and CDs will be digitise or digitized ?
Well that's about it for now.
Have a nice day.
Humm mmm... By the way, my name Guy 13 is because I was born on a Friday 13 (1948) and yes, I am a very lucky guy.