Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Try those images again...doesn't seem to like some of my images. Perhaps it's a formatting issue... More later
Wayne

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    722.7 KB · Views: 1,740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    795.7 KB · Views: 1,671
yup, little 1/4" x 1/4" neo "rods" buried under the veneer - at a total of 16pcs or more per speaker pair, quite a bit more costly than velcro or hedlocks, etc that I've used in the past, but much more elegant, and they never break

Nice. Do you know if magnets would be possible if not using veneer? Say, if I use birchply and drill holes from the backside to put the magnets in. Or will the distance become too far for the magnets?

Also, now that 3d-printing is becoming more available, imagine 3d-printing grille cloth frames in plastic. That would greatly recude the weight compared to MDF and require less magnets.

Carl - part of my domestic training has been to (almost always) put the toilet seat down, and that speakers should be heard but not seen. After over 4 decades of putting up with some ungainly systems in the living room, she's more than entitled, so I like all my builds to include grilles, whether they're used or not.

Wayne- all that's needed now is a decision on grille fabric, and maybe another couple of "pops" - I'm feeling something like a Hoyne's Dark Matter mood coming up for the weekend - I know you'll make the right decision.

Hoyne Brewing Co. | Craft Beer in Victoria

Now you're talking my language....I'm not sure where to get the fabric just yet... I'm kinda hoping for a vintage amp cloth that matches.... Acoustic Solutions has a 3 yard min which a bit much....However the "dark Matter" I know exactly where to get that... Saturday is tough, however Sunday... Seems like there is some time.... As long as I'm not fishing... Maybe Friday night?.
Wayne