Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

RXV,

1. What a beautiful set of speakers!

2. Where is the Super Tweeter located?

3. Have you noticed much of a difference with and without the ST?

4. My only comment about them is that if it was me I would have capped the side screws as to not break up the beautiful side panels you did, or would have uses black screws to go along with the color scheme. It is a matter of personal taste I guess. Having said that, it is probably being jelous of not having them.

Its been almost a year without a workshop but we are finally up and running in the new 600sq ft shop. First on the agenda is to finish a pair of stand mount boxes for a pair of A10/3s, the boxes are build from goncales alves(tigerwood) with birdseye baffles atop cherry stands. The finish is a blend of linseed oil&beeswax shown after one coat.

Attachments

• the bras dors.jpg
    the bras dors.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 1,711
Guangui, Thanks for the input. I thought about metal frames too, but I am limited in the tools I have to properly finish them. I may try to place the copper on a thin, flat wood ring and then mount those with copper tubing as spacers off of the driver. With the wood ring painted the same as the cabinet, that might give a more finished look.

I for one like the copper screening. I don't need polished clean looks to enjoy a design. I kinda like the avant garde look of what you've done. Just my 123 cents.

Onkyo Sr604.
Has pro logic 2 even.

Not as good as a power supply bypassed ab international, a sumo model 9, an altec 9440a with power supply bypass and coupling/feedback caps bypassed, but fine, bought for movies anyway.

I think the harmonic distortion from my 12" smooths over the glassy sound of receivers made in the last 20+ years.

Norman