Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

5inch tqwt + 4 inch sealed

Hi all.These are Aucharm FR drivers.In the bottom is 5 inch Aucharm in a TQWT box and 4 inch one is on top.I will use them in some versions.Will cross them at 340hz,also can be worked seperated.It all depends on what i am listening.Also there is a WAF subwoofer on the left.All made by me to make accepted by Wife :)

Attachments

• 2015-06-29 00.30.46.jpg
    2015-06-29 00.30.46.jpg
    722.7 KB · Views: 1,960
  • 2015-06-29 00.31.20.jpg
    2015-06-29 00.31.20.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 1,773
Hi all.These are Aucharm FR drivers.In the bottom is 5 inch Aucharm in a TQWT box and 4 inch one is on top.I will use them in some versions.Will cross them at 340hz,also can be worked seperated.It all depends on what i am listening.Also there is a WAF subwoofer on the left.All made by me to make accepted by Wife :)

I own both 5" and 4" Aucharm, I use them in separate configurations. I really like both of them esp., the 5" which I am still using now. It is still selling at Ebay, go and buy them great 5" which has a fairly flat frequency response even on Open Baffle. I am still listening to them. Sounds great and at a great price. Sensitivity at around 90dB.

I own both 5" and 4" Aucharm, I use them in separate configurations. I really like both of them esp., the 5" which I am still using now. It is still selling at Ebay, go and buy them great 5" which has a fairly flat frequency response even on Open Baffle. I am still listening to them. Sounds great and at a great price. Sensitivity at around 90dB.

Hello!Sorry i did not understand why buy again.I already bought them.These ones in the pictures are already the speakers built by myself.I am listening them seperately with TA2020 amp.I bought another more powerful Class T amp(topping TP22) to drive 8 ohm 5 inch ones because TA2020 is not designed to drive 8ohm 5 inch ones.I will make 2 way project.Crossed at 340hz.I will use active crossover or PLLXO.I did not decide it yet.Maybe i will try both of them.4 inch fullranges sound sweet to me in a sealed 5liters box(altough treble is not sharp/fast/clean, as my Vifa XT25SC90-04 tweeters) it also needs a low frequency helper woofers/subwoofers.What is your suggestions? Which crossover frequency will be a best for them?
Yes it seems 5 inch one has flatter response on graphic but 4 inch one sounded with better treble to me(IMHO)Maybe it is because of more bass of 5 inch driver.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hello!Sorry i did not understand why buy again.I already bought them.These ones in the pictures are already the speakers built by myself.I am listening them seperately with TA2020 amp.I bought another more powerful Class T amp(topping TP22) to drive 8 ohm 5 inch ones because TA2020 is not designed to drive 8ohm 5 inch ones.I will make 2 way project.Crossed at 340hz.I will use active crossover or PLLXO.I did not decide it yet.Maybe i will try both of them.4 inch fullranges sound sweet to me in a sealed 5liters box(altough treble is not sharp/fast/clean, as my Vifa XT25SC90-04 tweeters) it also needs a low frequency helper woofers/subwoofers.What is your suggestions? Which crossover frequency will be a best for them?
Yes it seems 5 inch one has flatter response on graphic but 4 inch one sounded with better treble to me(IMHO)Maybe it is because of more bass of 5 inch driver.
Thank you in advance.

My thread applies to those reading it not to you, you make the right decision buying them.

My thread applies to those reading it not to you, you make the right decision buying them.

Oh ok i understand.Could you tell what other 4 and 5 inch have you listened so far?Is it worth to buy Markaudio 4 inch paper gen 3 drivers?Or maybe some other FR which more expensive.(I am a non satisfying man:) ).I will use all of them in FAST projects.Thanks

Last edited:
As of this point the Alpair 7.3 (A7.3eN) and the extremely rare A7 MOAP are the best mid-tweeter i have heard (and my personal favorite FR). I have not yet had the opportunity to hear the Aucharm.

dave

Hi.I think i will try some of your EN Fullranges in near future.Maybe you can get some Aucharm too.I think you can get good prices from China factory if you buy in wholesale.They sound sweet in 5 liters sealed cabinets(i only tell they sound sweet,maybe not very accurate sounding ones).Maybe you can make Enable process them too and tell us the results.They are 4 ohms and really have a very good synergy with TA2020 amps.
(I have no relationship or trade with these Chinese men :) )

Last edited:
Oh ok i understand.Could you tell what other 4 and 5 inch have you listened so far?Is it worth to buy Markaudio 4 inch paper gen 3 drivers?Or maybe some other FR which more expensive.(I am a non satisfying man:) ).I will use all of them in FAST projects.Thanks

I still have 2 models of FR in my garage that I need to test on,

1. Vifa TG9FD10-08 which are widely accepted as having a fairly flat response and yet sounds good, however the sensitivity is rather low around 84dB. I need to use 2 units in parallel.

2. An Italian 3" which has 90dB sensitivity I cannot remember the model number.

There are so many models, lately 3" and 4" FR from TangBand to choose from nowadays take your pick.

BTW your speakers look very nice, good finish, I cannot seem to have the patience(takes many hours) to complete a cabinet work that well.

As of this point the Alpair 7.3 (A7.3eN) and the extremely rare A7 MOAP are the best mid-tweeter i have heard (and my personal favorite FR). I have not yet had the opportunity to hear the Aucharm.

dave

Dave would you mind telling me just what exactly an A7 MOAP is? I'm assuming it must be some configuration of the Alpair 7.3. Am I correct in that regard and if I am how is it different from the stock 7.3 and the A7.3eN?

I'm listening to: Dust & Dreams by Camel

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

A version of the A7.x where the outer layer of the cone is bombared with electrons to change the 1st few molecules of the outer surface into a different material. Expensive with a very high discard ratio.

dave

I see Dave, it's just one more way to "treat" the cone to try and get the last ounce of performance from a full-range or as I prefer calling them; wide-bandwidth driver! While I haven't had the opportunity to hear an EnABL cone treatment as of yet ---{but relish the opportunity}--- the 7-step, proprietary cone treatment, I use on my Dayton PS220-8 wide-bandwidth drivers is really amazing! It's just too bad that the creator of the process hasn't figured out a way to market this treatment as a DIY kit as of yet. From what he claims the problems are many and insurmountable!

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Tom - as of his last writing on the subject (over a year ago, IIRC and prior to his Grex-it from the DIY Audio fora) Mark indicated that there are only 3 pair of MAOP drivers outside of the sometimes extreme audiophool ;) market in Japan.

I'm not sure if the thread that discussed the material physics and production technology is among those resurrected or re-posted anywhere herein; don't ask for a recap - it was way over my head then, and I have far fewer functioning brain cells every day - but I can attest that IMO they are too good to futz with.