Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

My newly restored full range speakers ...

I had this pair of Sony alnico's just begging for a new home.

So here's my answer ...

cheers
Doug

Attachments

• LBbackinside.JPG
    LBbackinside.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 2,368
  • LBbackoutside.JPG
    LBbackoutside.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,327
  • LBfront.JPG
    LBfront.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 2,301
Dave

Got it on the rotation of the subs. I did not have room in any other area to try them out, thus in the kids theater. I'll move them to the sides sue the woofer does not interfere with it. THanks. Still love them.

Jon, If you have the room, try rotating the woofers 45 degrees (i'd actually rotate them such that the drivers are facing the wall (at an angle) so that the enclosure acts as a deflector unstead of a reflector.

dave

BIBs with 168F Sigmas

Well, I finally got around to them. 20mm MDF laminated in oak. They took a little futzing with the stuffing (required a lot less than I anticipated). I finished them then had to travel for work, so not enjoying the amazing sound they reproduce. The bad thing with these speakers is that I now realize that about 95% of the recordings I own are quite bad productions, but when you here something well recorded (like Bill Evans "Waltz for Debbie" or RadioHead "OK Computer") I get goose bumps. I hope I attached the files correctly.

.........but when you here something well recorded (like Bill Evans "Waltz for Debbie" or RadioHead "OK Computer") I get goose bumps. I hope I attached the files correctly.

Yeah, the downside of high efficiency speakers. Ditto Bill's 'Sunday at the Village Vanguard' among others.

Dave Brubeck's 'Time Out' Columbia red label CD is very close sonically to the original vinyl, RTR recordings I've owned and sadly, only one of the few red labels I've auditioned/owned that do so IMO.

Ray Brown's/John Clayton's 'Super Bass'/Capri Records will tell you how well the pipes are really working though and Takashi Ohi's 'Time Stream'/Denon Records is a good one for adjusting overall tonal balance.

Lots of others of course, just these plus some old factory demo recordings have proven useful for me to make some 'snap' judgements WRT a speaker's potential.

Pictures are too small, you need to insert the link of the large size and if too large, then just post the links to go view them.

GM

Hello all!

Just in time for my sister's birthday this past August! ;-P I just have to drill the holes for the grill magnets.

Planet10 GR dCHR-Ken70's with CHR-70.3 drivers. The sound is fantastic. It took some time to get them broken in. Luckily there was lots of time to listen to them while I finished them! Thank you Dave and Mark, great drivers and a very solid and easy to build enclosure.

Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_7120.JPG
    IMG_7120.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_7121.JPG
    IMG_7121.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_7124.JPG
    IMG_7124.JPG
    467.6 KB · Views: 536