Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Let me show you my back loaded horns with Ether 6 drivers and leather finishing cabinets:

horP4030161.jpg

horP4030162.jpg

horP4030156.jpg

edjosh23 said:
Angel Gekov,

Those are beautiful. Do you have other pictures? The back? Internals?

Josh

Thanks Josh.

I will post back side pictures but there is nothing to see there - only terminal connectors and black leather. Unfortunately I have no picture of internals - the blueprint has been made in Etheraudio based on the type of the drivers and on my requirements for the dimensions, but I'll try to find an post them.

Angel

Re: My FE103.....now building Saburo Fe126

soundsinthestix said:
My Fostex design FE103E BLH. Sounds great with my 8 watt per push/pull. Now building a pair of Saburo with FE126E.

My experiment show that. BLH is not good at Bass Reflex or Transmission Line, because of the Low frequency produced is not so strong as Bass Reflex or the combination of those.

Hope to discuss more on the BLH, my friends are using Fostex FE-206E but they feel so boring and wants throw it away because the Low frequency too bad.

Now I'm studying the new structure for Fullrange Driver. See you next time.

Regards

Re: Re: My FE103.....now building Saburo Fe126

thanhVNS said:

My experiment show that. BLH is not good at Bass Reflex or Transmission Line, because of the Low frequency produced is not so strong as Bass Reflex or the combination of those.

Regards

I'm surprised someone hasn't already jumped all over that generalization - I assure you that a poorly designed/implemented BR or TL can easily sound colored, boomy, or thin and boring ( goodness knows I've built a few pairs of each offending type myself)

But I guess it could depend on your expectation or definition of "good" bass.

here goes....

....my first project completed. Spent months thinking about a new speaker purchase, then I decided to have some fun and figure some things out on my own.

So we'll see where this leads to, but for now its really fun listening to my music through these.

Attachments

• img_0318.jpg
    img_0318.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,812
My lancettas, modified according to swedish hififorum thread
http://www.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45145

The modification will lower the frequency response to around 40Hz and there are no need for filters.

I can translate the important stuff from the swedish thread if someone like.

They are quite heavy on the amplifier with a sensitivity of just 80 dB.

The sound is very nice on "normal" listening levels but they are not "party speakers" for sure. The most impressive, in relation to the size and price of the driver (tangband W3-371S), is the bass response.
The little 3 inch driver sounds "bigger" in this transmission line.

Some pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I dont think i'm allowed to link to the original building instruction (copyright reasons) but google is your friend ;)

The experimenting and conclusions about this mod has nothing to do with me. All cred goes to Lenn Art at hififorum.nu.

Changes made from original concept is:

- The pipe is damped with 10mm polyuretan foam board. picture

- The smaller Helmholtz resonator is 43 mm shorter than the original (extra wall is mounted) and stuffed with 4 g polyester (8g original). picture

- Behind the driver 28 g polyester is mounted

- The height of the port is reduced to 80 mm (original 160 mm) picture

More pictures of my lancetta's link

Original thread at hififorum (in swedish but with many illustrative pictures). link