Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery - Page 243 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th May 2013, 07:23 PM   #2421
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouston View Post
tilroth: Do you have test CD to see how low the bass goes. I would be interested? Can you post the plans please? Where in Australia are you from I'm from southern Vic.

Plans for Vampyr are available from Scott - 15GBP - cheaper than the cost of material. (please don't use MDF for these )

Woden Design | Vampyr-V

See terms of use:

The contents of this site unless otherwise noted belong to Woden Design and are protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved. Purchase price of speaker plans covers personal use only. You may not use information found here for any commercial purposes without obtaining a license from Woden Design. Many of our speakers contain proprietary technology that is licensed to us by Martin J. King. Should you wish to produce one or more of our speakers commercially, please contact us for terms and conditions.

In other words, for any of the designs on Scott's site, build as many pairs for your own personal use, but don't share plans with others, or build for commercial purposes without license from Woden or MJK.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:36 PM   #2422
tilroh is offline tilroh  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouston View Post
tilroth: Do you have test CD to see how low the bass goes. I would be interested? Can you post the plans please? Where in Australia are you from I'm from southern Vic.
I don't have a test CD but there is pipe organ bass provided you have your ear next to one of the 4 ports. Based on a solid 15 minutes of listening, I'd say that the bass would be fine in a small room with the speakers in the corners.

I've built a pair of Needles, Bricks, TABAQs and BIBS. The Vampyr-Vs have a different sound which grabs your attention. These enclosures will show you which of your CDs are compressed and which are not.

The cutting sheet is well worth PayPaling $AU23. to Woden Design.

I'm in Melbourne and rent space at The Wooden Boat Centre 'cause they've got table, chop and band saws, benches etc.

The Vampyr-Vs were a fun build, I can't wait to paint them. The owner said he wanted them red(!).

Cheers, Mack
Old 8th May 2013, 11:10 PM   #2423
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilroh View Post
I don't have a test CD but there is pipe organ bass provided you have your ear next to one of the 4 ports. Based on a solid 15 minutes of listening, I'd say that the bass would be fine in a small room with the speakers in the corners.

I've built a pair of Needles, Bricks, TABAQs and BIBS. The Vampyr-Vs have a different sound which grabs your attention. These enclosures will show you which of your CDs are compressed and which are not.

The cutting sheet is well worth PayPaling $AU23. to Woden Design.

I'm in Melbourne and rent space at The Wooden Boat Centre 'cause they've got table, chop and band saws, benches etc.

The Vampyr-Vs were a fun build, I can't wait to paint them. The owner said he wanted them red(!).

Cheers, Mack
Ta!
Old 12th May 2013, 04:38 PM   #2424
diyAudio Member

Default Full range in bathroom

Hi,

Just thought to share this little project in a bathroom. Done with Markaudio CHR70 and with a dedicated amp. Sounds great for that place !

Nelson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00155.jpg (419.8 KB, 1482 views)
Old 12th May 2013, 06:12 PM   #2425
diyAudio Member

Very nice work Nelson. Do you think humidity will be a problem?
Old 12th May 2013, 06:17 PM   #2426
diyAudio Member

Hi,

No worry with humidity for these metal-cone drivers. Even had some paper cones for 20 years without any problem. Always better to have a fan to use when someone takes a shower !

Nelson
Old 12th May 2013, 06:54 PM   #2427
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nparadis View Post
Hi,

Just thought to share this little project in a bathroom. Done with Markaudio CHR70 and with a dedicated amp. Sounds great for that place !

Nelson
Very cool idea.
Old 17th May 2013, 05:41 PM   #2428
von Ah is offline von Ah  United States
diyAudio Member

As long as you keep the tunes flowing, there will mostly be positive pressure inside the cabinet to keep the damp air out.
Cool project!
Old 18th May 2013, 05:05 PM   #2429
diyAudio Member

not exactly fullrange but very close to it. That is mutual project with Rogozhin. Old school rocks!))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2371.jpg (427.0 KB, 1286 views)

Last edited by Charcoal; 18th May 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 18th May 2013, 06:54 PM   #2430
diyAudio Member

Hi there. I've "inherited" a pair of Richard Allan CG12 TC speakers and would like to build full-range cabs for then. Anyone have data sheets / Thiele-Smalls for these speakers?
Reagrds.The Sound Man

Hide this!Advertise here!