IMG_0436.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,356
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,289
Well it seems that i forgot to post them, but these are a pair of very simple 17.9L slot ported booskshelfs tuned to 45Hz with the Mark Audio Alpair 10.3 that i made last summer for my office. I have now a few months of listening to them and they sound very good (of course partly due to the very good driver). I did measure them, but not in good conditions (indoor in a small space) and they look rather flat (within 10dB) responding between 45 and 16kHz but the obvious room modes of the space i measured them in. I did add a small filter section to counter the resonance peak that this driver have, but that is optional off course. These speakers sounds also good without them (but brighter)

Detailled plans (drawn by a friend, here known as "HumbleDeer" in other sections of the site) are found here for who want it: Dropbox - Mark-Audio-Alpair-10M-Slot-Ported-Official-CAD-drawings.pdf - Simplify your life

Attachments

• 20200721-DSC_0115e.jpg
    20200721-DSC_0115e.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 433
  • 20200721-DSC_0104e.jpg
    20200721-DSC_0104e.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 20200721-DSC_0103e.jpg
    20200721-DSC_0103e.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 1,293
Here is a picture of my latest project. Fostex FE 206E drivers, back and front loaded horn cabinet.
It's still in it's test stage, with only about 6 or 8 hours on the drivers, so no nice finish yet.
I've named them 'S giger' as the back horn follows a path which is s shaped, and my wife says they resemble sculptures by the artist HR Giger (creator of the alien).
Things to do:
1. Experiment with the front horn 'wings' to finalise the shape and size.
Currently, the transition from bass to midrange sounds quite smooth, with a crossover frequency of around 250 Hz.
2. Kill a peak in response around 2.6kHz. I'll play with phase plugs later. My experimental plan is to try a hollow pipe around 33mm from the V.C. front to the termination of the pipe, corresponding to 1/4 wave length of the peak. Theoretically, this should hopefully have a mild TL effect on the whizzer (or maybe it won't). Worth a try though!
3. Give them a nice finish. I'll try my hand at faux bois (fake wood),as I can't afford the real thing in the quantities required!

interesting concept !!!

Have there been any developments or news?

Is the filter only applicable for this kind of enclosure? or is it applicable to any enclosure?

This can work in a lot of enclosure, but it depends on how the enclosure alters the impendance of the driver mainly. And with TL's or very stuffed closed cabinets it can also be that the spl of the driver is damped (wich should not be the case in most). In any case you won't be far of i think?