Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery - Page 226 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2012, 07:23 AM   #2251
diyAudio Member

Sonido SFR175 in compact triangular cross section labyrinth enclosure. Compact - if to compare with BLHs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LF-175.jpg (24.1 KB, 1870 views)
Old 20th November 2012, 07:21 PM   #2252
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal View Post
Sonido SFR175 in compact triangular cross section labyrinth enclosure. Compact - if to compare with BLHs.
how do the sonido's sound?

i couldn't find much feedback for them in 'English' speaking parts of the world (pardon the phrase).

I was very interested in the SWR 300.
Old 21st November 2012, 03:45 AM   #2253
diyAudio Member

For me its best value/money I`v tried in fullrange category. Its hard to describe sound by words. If to be short - I am satisfied). Built a lot of speakers with them.
300SWR is good driver, but as any big diameter fullranger - better to listen from 3 meters, not closer. I like it very much, used it recently in big volume labyrinth enclosure. Gives big scale of images and is suprisingly transparent for 12incher.

Overall of Sonido have detailed, but smooth balanced and comfort sound. Due to flat wire coil at SFR types - highs are now stretching up to 20K and more transparent. Need to burn in 150-200 hours.

You can check more sonido projects at my page noted below, in signature part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0908 - ?????.JPG (276.4 KB, 1770 views)

Last edited by Charcoal; 21st November 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 21st November 2012, 04:57 AM   #2254
diyAudio Member

Quote:
For me its best value/money I`v tried in fullrange category. Its hard to describe sound by words. If to be short - I am satisfied). Built a lot of speakers with them.
300SWR is good driver, but as any big diameter fullranger - better to listen from 3 meters, not closer. I like it very much, used it recently in big volume labyrinth enclosure. Gives big scale of images and is suprisingly transparent for 12incher.

Overall of Sonido have detailed, but smooth balanced and comfort sound. Due to flat wire coil at SFR types - highs are now stretching up to 20K and more transparent. Need to burn in 150-200 hours.

I haven't heard of them before. Looks very good. I mainly use the Fostex FE206En (8").
Old 21st November 2012, 06:16 AM   #2255
diyAudio Member

I compared with FE series, sonido is winner for me. More smooth sound and better integration of small and big cones.
Old 21st November 2012, 01:49 PM   #2256
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Great work Charcoal, I enjoy the attention to detail!

In our local (Central European) Audio Community we’re ‘hearing’ more and more good things about the Sonido drivers lately. The 300SWR is an interesting driver, there are not that many full-range drivers of this size around, and it actually models very well in an Onken Enclosure, with Onken alignment (if you can handle 200 or so liters). Better than any modern driver of its kind that I’ve seen these past few years. If only time wouldn’t be the limiting factor here, I’d be arranging a date with some 25mm Baltic Birch right now…
Old 21st November 2012, 02:38 PM   #2257
diyAudio Member

Quote:

thank you.

i am looking for a large full range driver for a large room, this is one of the few promising drivers on the market.
Old 21st November 2012, 03:43 PM   #2258
diyAudio Member

just take care - if your room is VERY large, oneway speaker can be sometimes not enough, or rather not so universal as you`d like. Of course depends what and how loud you like to listen... It is about any oneway speaker, regardless of the driver used.
As for me - I am im love with that speaker.
Ronmeister, thanks ))

Last edited by Charcoal; 21st November 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 22nd November 2012, 02:46 PM   #2259
diyAudio Member

This is old model of 175sfr in labyrinth made like "shelf" speaker. Story of its creation and more pictures are on blgspot from my signature.

Its rosewood and plywood, felt damped. Tuned to 57 Hz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 175labshelf.jpg (20.8 KB, 1586 views)
Old 22nd November 2012, 07:22 PM   #2260
diyAudio Member

Charcoal - very smart looking. I would assume high efficiency.

Hide this!Advertise here!